Wildlife Park Encounter & Photo TourExplore > United States > Skagway > Wildlife Park Encounter & Photo Tour
An exceptional Alaskan wildlife experience for the whole family!
This very special tour begins with a warm welcome aboard the Chilkat Express high-speed catamaran, owned and operated by Klukwan Natives.
This tour includes:
• Round trip ferry transfer to/from Haines
• Nature and wildlife sightseeing by boat and bus, en route to wildlife park
• Up-close encounters with up to 45 species of wild animals living in a natural habitat
• Lots of wildlife viewing and photo opportunities!
• Light snack
• All taxes, permit fees, and entrance fees
Speeding away from the Skagway small boat harbor, you'll proceed through a scenic landscape of sheer rock cliffs, abundant waterfalls, glaciers, inlets, terminal moraines, and snowcapped mountain ranges that rise straight up out of the depths of Lynn Fjord during the 30-minute voyage to a private docking facility in Haines. Wildlife sightings along the way often include fur seals, eagles, and rafts of surf scoters, with occasional appearances by whales, mountain goats, and bears.
In Haines, you'll find yourself face-to-face with a charming, unspoiled "picture postcard" setting--the small community of Haines and the magnificent Chilkat Mountain Range, which forms the northern escarpment of Glacier Bay National Park.
You'll be further engulfed in the beauty of this special place as your bus transfers you, via the Haines Scenic Byway, along the Chilkat River and through the heart of the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve to a one-of-a-kind wildlife center founded and operated by a wildlife expert who also uses his love and knowledge of animals to advise the film industry about wildlife scenes. Moose, bears, and other wildlife are often spotted en route to the park.
You'll have a wonderful opportunity to learn about the behavior of the 45 wildlife species living there and gain an understanding of the time and trust required to train them. Among the animals living in this natural Alaskan habitat are grizzly bears, wolves, moose, lynxes, foxes, reindeer, porcupines, snowy owls, and wolverines.
• We recommend that you dress in layers, wear good walking shoes, and bring a raincoat or umbrella.
• There will be spotting scopes on the bus for you to use.
• A light snack, water, and lemonade will be provided.
• Restrooms are available throughout this excursion.
• There is a minimum of 6 passengers required to operate this tour.
• Maximum capacity is 40 passengers.
• This tour requires walking on uneven ground and is not suitable for passengers with limited mobility.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday