Seward To Anchorage Tour & Transfer
Enjoy this tour and transfer with wonderful narrative and stops along the way!
Don't end your vacation when you end your cruise. This tour between Seward and Anchorage is wonderfully informing and entertaining and a lovely finish to your trip.
This tour includes:
• Transportation from Seward to Anchorage
• Narration by long-time Alaskan escort/guide
• Complimentary beverages, ie. water, soda
• Exit Glacier
• Moose Pass
• Lunch stop at Summit Lake Lodge (additional cost)
• Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
• Beluga Point
• Windy Point
• Potter's Marsh
Upon boarding at 9 a.m., begin your adventure with a city tour of Seward. Located on Resurrection Bay, this small fishing town is a hub of activity in summer. With stores, day cruises, and fishing, this little town comes alive.
Next, we'll stop at Exit Glacier. An eight mile drive off the main road reveals a spectacular view and a short easy riverbed walk provides a close-up and personal view of a magnificent glacier. This will give you a "real Alaska" experience! As you leave Seward and tour north, you will have the opportunity to enjoy spectacular scenery through Moose Pass. This area is resplendent with hanging alpine glaciers. Our escort drivers are very willing to stop for photos or animals along the tour. Binoculars, as well as a high powered spotting scope, are provided onboard.
A lunch stop is provided at Summit Lake Lodge, a local favorite log lodge.
Next, visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, opened to the public in 1993. It is located on 140 acres at the southern edge of Turnagain Arm and the entrance to Portage Valley. AWCC provides care and rehabilitation for injured and orphaned wildlife, as well as wildlife education and awareness. Animals that are unable to be released or survive in the wild are given refuge in the center's spacious habitats. Here people can safely get close, observe and photograph some of Alaska's largest land animals, including moose, bison, elk, deer, caribou, bears, musk ox, small mammals, and birds of prey.
Following this, we'll stop at Beluga Point for a possible whale watch as you travel along the beautiful Turnagain Arm of the Cook Inlet. This drive also provides a great backdrop for stunning photography
Next, we'll see Windy Point and watch for Dall sheep on the roadside cliffs. The salt licks here provide nourishment to the sheep.
Finally, we'll stop at Potters Marsh, a popular state game refuge, for bird watching from a boardwalk (binoculars provided). This is a nesting area for waterfowl, as well as arctic tern, Canada geese, swans, and ducks.
Upon arrival in Anchorage, you'll be transferred to your hotel or airport. (Arrival is approximately 4-5 p.m.,unless requested earlier.)
• Children under the age of 8 or under 80 pounds require a booster seat. One can be provided for a nominal $15 rental fee. Children under the age of 4 or under 40 pounds require a full child car seat. One can be provided for a nominal $15 rental fee. You may pay this fee in cash in person.
• Our transfers do not include meals or driver gratuities.
• A minimum of 4 passengers is needed to operate this tour. We will do our best to combine you with other travelers.
• This is not a private transfer, but you most likely will be in a group with no more than 10 people.
• PLEASE NOTE: This tour is only available until September 15th every year.
Days offered: 7 days a week