Iditarod Sled Dog Real Alaska Tour**operating 2022+**Explore > United States > Seward > Iditarod Sled Dog Real Alaska Tour**operating 2022+**
Explore Seward, visit Exit Glacier, and take an exciting dog sled ride.
Your "Real Alaska Tour" begins at the Seward Rail Depot, near the small boat harbor. We'll start by touring historic downtown Seward, one of the oldest communities in Alaska, where you'll see firsthand the effects of the 1964 earthquake. Stand in awe of Mount Marathon, home of the second oldest foot race in the United States, then visit the famous "Mile 0" of the Iditarod trail, and learn why Seward was the "Gateway to Alaska."
Next, watch for moose, bear, mountain goats, and spawning salmon as we travel to beautiful Exit Glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park. Here, a short walk on a nature trail will take you right to the face of the glacier! Your guides will point out native flora, help you spot wildlife, and explain the rapid melting of the glacier.
Then it's time to enjoy local seafood or one of many excellent entrees at the Resurrection Roadhouse, a beautiful restaurant nestled in the shadow of awe-inspiring mountains. Top off your day with a visit to Seavey's Iditarod Racing Kennel, where you'll enjoy VIP status on the 1.5 hour Wilderness Sled Dog Ride and Tour.
At the end of the day, your driver will return you to your hotel or the Railroad Depot. This tour is fully guided by life-long Alaskans and will be one of your most memorable experiences in The Last Frontier!
- We recommend that you dress in layers, wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring a rain jacket, camera/video camera, and binoculars.
- This tour includes a drop off at an area hotel or the Railroad Depot.
- The price of this tour includes all transportation, fees, tickets, and meals. Guide gratuities are not included.
- Please note this tour involves a short walk to Exit Glacier, as well as boarding a bus several times. The bus does not have a wheelchair lift, but wheelchair users may take the tour if they can board the bus on foot.
- This trip has special cancellation penalties. Within 45 days of travel, your package is non-refundable and non-changeable. Because we cannot make exceptions to our cancellation or change policies for any reason, including family and medical emergencies, we STRONGLY encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
- If necessary, you can store your luggage at the Seward rail depot for a small fee. Taxis or shuttles are available for purchase to transfer you form the depot to the cruise pier.
Days offered: 7 days a week