Canopy Zip Line And Rainforest Ropes AdventureExplore > United States > Ketchikan > Canopy Zip Line And Rainforest Ropes Adventure
Zip through Ketchikan's rain forest on this high flying adventure!
Experience the thrill of soaring like an eagle through the canopy of Ketchikan's temperate rain forest on this active outing.
Your excursion begins as you board our motor coach for a scenic 25-minute drive out of downtown Ketchikan to Knudson Cove and a private waterfront estate in the Tongass National Forest--your playground for the next 2 hours.
Before you begin, professional guides will instruct and outfit you with the best safety equipment in an open-air forest pavilion. Then the adventure begins as you ascend into the trees and gravity pulls you along the zip lines.
Catch glimpses of bald eagles and the ocean below as you glide through old growth cedars, fly onto the Eagle's Nest, traverse a swaying log, swing across rope loops, and feel the speed and acceleration of landing on a one-of-a-kind ocean platform located 50’ over the water. Your high flying adventure ends as you descend the final zip line.
You can ride an all-terrain vehicle up the hill to the 50’ climbing tower, where guides will show you techniques to climb to the top and safely auto-belay to the ground.
There will be time to shop for souvenirs before boarding the motor coach for the ride back to the cruise ship pier.
- All equipment, including rain gear, harness, lanyards, pulleys, carabiners, and helmets, are provided.
- Wear close-toed shoes.
- Guides can assist less adventurous members of your party by skipping elements of the tour. Your group will complete from five to nine zip lines.
- Please note: If you choose to purchase the observer option, you'll accompany your friends to the zipline park, but you won't necessarily see every aspect of their ziplining tour.
- Minimum age to participate in this tour is 11 years old.
- Participants under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Minimum weight is 70 pounds. Maximum weight is 285 pounds.
- This tour is considered moderately strenuous. You should be in good physical condition to participate. You will be required to sign a waiver at the beginning of the tour.
- You may not participate in this excursion if you are pregnant, have heart conditions, are afraid of heights, experience vertigo, anxiety, and/or any other physical condition.
Days offered: 7 days a week