Misty Fjords With Bear Viewing At HyderExplore > United States > Ketchikan > Misty Fjords With Bear Viewing At Hyder
For the discerning traveler who wants to see bears and also take in the majesty of the Misty Fjords!
This flight is for the discerning visitor who seeks to couple the unbelievable beauty of the Misty Fjords National Monument with a unique bear viewing opportunity.
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- 1.5 hour flight through the Misty Fjords National Monument
- Guided van tour of Hyder
- 1.5+ hours of bear viewing
- Amazing photo and wildlife viewing opportunities!
Our exclusive tour takes you deep into the Misty Fjords Monument, north and east from Ketchikan, culminating at the quiet headwaters of Portland Canal, a 70-mile-long saltwater fjord that forms the southern boundary between Alaska and British Columbia.
Your pilot will land near the quaint town of Hyder, Alaska, which borders Stewart, British Columbia. You'll then proceed on a three-mile van trip to the Fish Creek wildlife observation deck, where, in addition, to viewing brown and black bears gorging on spawning salmon, you may see herons, harlequin ducks, bald eagles, and beavers. Bring your camera to record a wildlife experience few have the chance to see!
Weather permitting, on the return flight, your pilot will fly over a nearby valley for a breathtaking aerial view of the Soule, Through, Chickamin, or Salmon Glaciers.
- We recommend that you wear hiking boots and dress in layers. The weather changes from mid-50s to mid-80s.
- This tour is offered from mid-July to August 31st.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to operate.
- You'll be asked to provide us with the weight of each passenger.
- Bags and backpacks are not allowed on the plane because of flight regulations. They can be left at the tour operator's office and locked in a secure location.
- Please note that this trip is non-refundable 30 days prior to your reservation. No exceptions will be made.
- The pilot will converse as much as possible, though will sometimes be in communication with ground handlers as well as other pilots. Thank you for understanding.
- Please be patient when awaiting your confirmation. Landing permits and space can be tough to come by. We suggest booking several months beforehand to have the best shot of getting a confirmation.
Days offered: 7 days a week