Whales GaloreExplore > United States > Icy Strait/Hoonah > Whales Galore
Whales and sea lions and eagles, oh my!
Icy Strait is home to one of the largest summer populations of humpback whales found in Alaska and the whale watching here is second to none. Along with feeding, the whales often engage in breaching, slapping their flippers, waving their tails, and exchanging trumpets, groans, and grumbles. You won't want to miss these amazing sights--and sounds!
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship port
• Whale watching with an experienced local guide
• A great chance to see bears, sea lions, and eagles
• Snacks and beverages
• Incredible whale and wildlife photo opportunities!
Icy Strait is one of the best places in the world to see whales. There are several pods of humpbacks and many individuals that stay in this area for the whole summer and your captain knows where they are.
As we travel to the prime whale watching area, you can expect to see eagles, sea lions, porpoise, and the occasional brown bear.
Your captain will drop in his underwater microphone so you can hear the whales "talking" to one another as he takes you as close to the whales as permitted for excellent viewing. This could be the highlight of your cruise!
This tour is aboard a 32' catamaran that is fully equipped with all safety gear and modern electronics. For your convenience, there is an enclosed, heated cabin with large windows and comfortable seating for six guests, as well as a restroom. Best of all, the smooth-riding boat has a full 360-degree walk-around deck for excellent viewing so you don't miss a thing!
• We provide packaged snacks, as well as "Wild Alaskan" smoked salmon spread and a variety of hot and cold beverages.
• If you are booking someone with limited mobility, please call in your reservation so we can advise the captain in advance.
• There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 for this tour. We will combine reservations to meet the minimum.
Days offered: 7 days a week