Whale And Marine Mammal SearchExplore > United States > Icy Strait/Hoonah > Whale And Marine Mammal Search
Keep an eye out for whales and marine mammals!
On this tour you will:
• Search for whales and wildlife
• Be accompanied by a boat captain and naturalist guide on-board
We'll go out to Point Adolphus, one of Icy Strait's most interesting areas. It's interesting for a couple of reasons. One of the reasons is that the water current in this area is very concentrated, creating nutrient-rich water, full of plankton and providing great feeding for whales.
This brings us to our second reason. We might even get to see the whales feeding. If this happens, we're in for a real treat as the whales often come up right next to the boat to feed and many times do it in groups.
At times during this excursion, you can pretty much look in any direction and you'll see whales--humpbacks or even orcas. You could very well spot sea lions, sea otters (can you think of a cuter animal in the world?), eagles, birds, porpoises, and puffins, too!
• We provide water on-board.
• Snacks are not provided, but, upon request, we'll make a stop to purchase something for you to eat before the tour.
• It is highly likely that you will see lots of wildlife on this tour, but we cannot make wildlife guarantees. The places listed are subject to change due to water/weather conditions.
• Boat is a 38' Bolton. There is a heated cabin and restroom onboard.
• There is a minimum of 2 passengers and a maximum of 6 for this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week