This memorable tour combines bicycling and kayaking in the great Alaskan outdoors.
An Alaskan adventure like no other, this exhilarating bicycling and kayaking tour begins in the historical Fort Seward area of Haines.
This tour includes:
- A 9-mile bicycle ride
- 1 hour of kayaking
- Use of a bike, helmet, gloves, kayak, paddle, and life jacket
- Bottled water
- Lots of amazing scenery!
After being fitted for the perfect bike, your guide will lead you along the flat road of a steep-walled fjord to the mouth of the scenic Chilkoot River. You’ll then bike along the river through Chilkoot State Park, making stops as you go to view eagles and other wildlife.
When you reach the edge of the glacier-fed lake, you’ll have arrived at a prime salmon spawning location and, as such, you should keep your eyes peeled (and your camera ready!) for brown bears that come down from the tundra to feast on the salmon.
At the lake, you’ll exchange your bicycle for a sea kayak. Your guide will outfit you with gear and give you a paddling orientation. You’ll then silently glide along the shores of the emerald lake, enjoying the pristine wilderness and taking in the Alaskan wildlife--on land and in the sky.
- This tour includes the use of a helmet, gloves, kayak, paddle, and life jacket.
- You will receive bottled water.
- We suggest that you wear sport shoes and dress for inclement weather.
- There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 for this tour. The tour operator will match you with other tour participants to meet the 2 person minimum.
- You must be at least 12 years old and 4’6” tall to take this tour.
- This tour is not offered on Wednesdays.
- This tour includes approximately nine miles of biking and one hour of kayaking. All biking is on paved roads. Guests must be confident on a bicycle with hand brakes on flat terrain. Previous kayaking experience is not required.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday