Eagle, Bear And Wildlife ExpeditionExplore > United States > Haines > Eagle, Bear And Wildlife Expedition
Experience the greatest gathering of wildlife in the world.
Haines is a community just 15 miles south of Skagway. Within arm's reach is a coastal rainforest, glacial carved peaks, and a pristine marine environment. This is one of several companies that we found personable, knowledgeable, and anxious to introduce you to the assets of this area. We actually looked at last year's logs of wildlife sightings. The results: 45% sea lions, 75% mountain goats, 50% bears, and 100% sightings of eagles and nests.
This tour includes:
• Bus ride along the coastline
• Nature viewing walk
• Amazing wildlife viewing and photo opportunities!
Prepare yourself for the exploration of 6 incredible wildlife habitats; ocean, estuary, river, lake, muskeg, and rain forest. Rarely do these communities come together in the same area and there isn't a better place to explore them than off the famouse Alaskan coastline.
Your journey will take you through prime bear habitat along the glacial river which, in spring, is lined with wildflowers and berries. In the summer, there's a great chance to watch Alaskan brown bears catching lunch in the stream as the salmon run. You'll be passing by the home of whales, seals, porpoises, eagles, and a menagerie of shore birds.
At the location where the freshwater lake meets the salty ocean, you'll disembark the coach and venture on a refreshing walk through an old growth forest. This relaxing hike is guided by naturalists who will share their stories of the relationship between the plants and animals.
• Wear comfortable, sturdy walking shoes/boots and dress in layers, including a waterproof outer layer with a hood/hat.
• The price of the tour includes the use of a belt pack, walking stick, and/or raincoat, if needed.
• There will be spotting scopes available for you to use.
• Bear sightings can't always be guaranteed, but these guides know where the bears hide.
• There is a minimum of 2 people required for this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week