Arctic Circle Air AdventureExplore > United States > Fairbanks > Arctic Circle Air Adventure
Take advantage of Fairbanks' location to circle the Arctic by plane.
Travel north from Fairbanks and wonder at the story of the vast and remote land below. You will witness remnants of the gold mining that continues nearly 100 years after the yellow metal first brought newcomers rushing north. You will see the remarkable Trans Alaska Pipeline, symbolizing the immense changes brought to Alaska's Arctic by the discovery of oil over 30 years ago.
You will have the experience of flying over the expansive Yukon River Valley, home of traditional peoples that sustain their lifestyle and culture as they have for thousands of years. It is a thrill to cross the Arctic Circle.
You will see the rugged and magnificent Brooks Mountain Range as the flight route passes just south of the Gates of the Arctic National Park.
You will land in Cold Foot and go to Wiseman, where you will participate in a ceremonious Arctic Circle landing at a wilderness community on the Middle Fork Koyukuk River and receive an official Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate.
Enjoy an orientation and learn the fascinating story of the surrounding Brooks Range wilderness.
- You will take your own transportation to the meeting point at your own expense. We found this to be the most convenient and economical form of transportation to the meeting location. You have an option to purchase a return transfer for $7.50 per person. This is paid directly to the tour operator on the day of your tour. This is done as a courtesy; there are dozens of taxi's which are readily available and many hotels offer a shuttle.
- Food is not included in this tour. If you wish to have lunch included, you can order that at the time of your flight.
- Each passenger is allowed one bag which should be about 5-10 lbs. maximum.
- Tour operates daily May 15 - September 15. 1-3 times per week in early May and late September.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants.
Days offered: 7 days a week