Denali Backcountry AdventureExplore > United States > Denali > Denali Backcountry Adventure
Alaska wildlife viewing at its best!
This tour includes:
- Scenic, narrated drive along Denali Park Road
- Delicious buffet lunch
- Lots of opportunities for wildlife viewing and amazing photos!
Go beyond the standard park tour and venture to Kantishna, deep inside Denali National Park for premier Alaska wildlife viewing. This full-day narrated bus trip explores the entire 95-mile restricted access Denali Park Road, offering you the most opportunities to view the abundance of Alaska wildlife the state has to offer. At the end of the road you’ll have a great buffet lunch at our exclusive lodge and enjoy the remoteness and beauty of Kantishna. The return trip gives you more opportunities for wildlife sightings and photography.
Our experienced guide/driver helps you search for Alaska wildlife, including grizzly bears, black bears, moose, caribou, and Dall sheep, while pointing out the biology and geology of the region. Stop for wildlife viewing and photo opportunities as you trek back to the Park’s entrance.
- Due to unpredictable Alaskan weather, we advise dressing in layers, which will allow you to stay warm and dry as the outdoor environment changes. Comfortable walking shoes and a jacket that can shield you from light wind or rain are recommended.
- It's also a good idea to bring insect repellent and binoculars.
- Park fees are included in the price of the tour.
- Please note: If you are staying at the McKinley Princess Lodge, you are about 100 miles outside of Denali and will have to find your own way to meet the tour.
- This trip operates from June 5-September 10, 2015.
- Please note that this trip is non-refundable 30 days from the date of the tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week