Anchorage To Seward Tour & Transfer
Enjoy this tour and transfer with wonderful narrative and stops along the way!
This is a transfer that is more like a tour, as you'll see wonderful sights along the way and stop to stretch your legs at really cool places!
This tour includes:
• Transportation from Anchorage to Seward
• Narration by long-time Alaskan escort/guide
• Complimentary beverages, ie. water, soda
• Potter's Marsh
• Windy Point
• Beluga Point
• Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
• Lunch stop at Summit Lake Lodge (additional cost)
• Exit Glacier
• Moose Pass
Begin your transfer tour with a pick-up at your downtown hotel at 10 a.m.
Upon boarding, enjoy complimentary beverages provided for your comfort. A stop at Potters Marsh, a popular state game refuge, allows for bird watching from a boardwalk (binoculars provided). This is a nesting area for waterfowl, as well as arctic tern, Canada geese, swans, and ducks.
Next, we'll see Windy Point and watch for Dall sheep on the roadside cliffs. The salt licks here provide nourishment to the sheep.
Following this, we'll stop at Beluga Point for a possible whale watch as you travel along the beautiful Turnagain Arm of the Cook Inlet. This drive also provides a great backdrop for stunning photography.
Next, visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, opened to the public in 1993. It is located on 140 acres at the southern edge of Turnagain Arm and the entrance to Portage Valley. AWCC provides care and rehabilitation for injured and orphaned wildlife, as well as wildlife education and awareness. Animals that are unable to be released or survive in the wild are given refuge in the center's spacious habitats. Here, people can safely get close, observe, and photograph some of Alaska's largest land animals, including moose, bison, elk, deer, caribou, bear, musk ox, small mammals, and birds of prey.
A late lunch stop is incorporated at Summit Lake Lodge, a local favorite log lodge.
Next, we'll stop at Exit Glacier. An eight mile drive off the main road reveals a spectacular view and a short easy riverbed walk provides a close-up and personal view of a magnificent glacier. This will give you a "real Alaska" experience! You'll also have the opportunity to enjoy spectacular scenery through Moose Pass. This area is resplendent with hanging alpine glaciers. Our escort drivers are very willing to stop for photos or animals along the tour. Binoculars, as well as a high powered spotting scope, are provided onboard.
Upon arrival in Seward, at approximately 5 p.m., you'll be transferred directly to your cruise ship and helped with off-loading of your luggage, or you may be dropped off at your hotel in Seward.
• Children under the age of 8 or under 80 pounds require a booster seat. One can be provided for a nominal $15 rental fee. Children under the age of 4 or under 40 pounds require a full child car seat. One can be provided for a nominal $15 rental fee. You may pay this fee in cash in person.
• Our transfers do not include meals or driver gratuities.
• You may be dropped off at the pier or at your hotel in Seward.
• A minimum of 4 passengers is needed to operate this tour. We will do our best to combine you with other travelers.
• This is not a private transfer, but you most likely will be in a group with no more than 10 people.
• PLEASE NOTE: This tour is only available until September 15th every year.
Days offered: 7 days a week