ATV Into Alaska's BackcountryExplore > United States > Anchorage > ATV Into Alaska's Backcountry
Explore our unmarked trail, with great guides, in the wilds of Alaska!
Alaska ATV tours provide a truly exceptional experience to see the wilds of Alaska!
Upon arrival at the trailhead, you will meet your guide to provide your orientation of the equipment, pass out helmet, safety glasses and riding gloves and all necessary safety instructions and then you are off into the true backcountry. Embrace not just the sights, but the smells of this northern temperate rainforest. Wind through the forest, hills, and trails of the Chugach Mountain Range. The appearance of the rain forest is dependent on the time of year, but, regardless, you will find it lush and colorful as you travel along the maze of Alaskan trails.
Those looking for more adventure have an opportunity to hike down for an amazing view of a waterfall fed by the runoff of the Bird Glacier while also snapping those mental pictures of Turnagain Arm and the distant snow-capped mountains. Wildlife abounds and, particularly in the mid to latter part of the season, you may see moose foraging, eagles soaring, and bears fishing where salmon come to spawn from mid-June through September.
No matter what other activities you plan during the rest of your Alaska visit, you'll not find another experience like this ATV into Alaska's Backcountry. Here, you'll see some of Alaska's best scenery and wildlife up close.
- Weather conditions change quickly, so please dress comfortably, in layers, and wear comfortable close toed walking shoes. We suggest that you wear long pants, closed-toe shoes, and a warm top layer. You will get dirty, so it's a good idea to bring extra socks and shoes.
- The price of this tour includes the use of a helmet, eye protection, and gloves. Rain poncho is available, if necessary.
- The tour duration is approximately 3 hours.
- The minimum age for this tour is 8.
- You must be 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license with you to drive an ATV.
- This tour is not available for pregnant women or those with heart, back or shoulder problems.
- Two-person ATVs are available for children 8-15 and others that just want to sit back and enjoy the ride. These double machines are not side by sides, they are Can-AM 2-ups that have a driver in front and passenger rides in the seat behind.
- This tour operates mid-April through mid-October.
Days offered: 7 days a week