Most Roatan beaches are crammed with 800 people on a cruiseship day, but not here!
We always encourage travelers to move away from the crowds and really experience a destination. If you want to make sure you can hear, as well as see, the gently rolling waves, we highly recommend this trip. The only thing you must promise us is to not tell anyone, not a soul, where you have been. It will be our secret.
This tour includes:
- Scenic ride
- Relaxation time at West Bay Beach
- Use of a lounge chair for all adults
- Tropical drink
- Use of on-site changing rooms and restrooms
- Use of outdoor showers and hammocks in shaded area
- Option to purchase lunch
- Option to rent snorkel gear
Friendly faces will greet you and whisk you off to heaven. We could end the description here since you'll be in a place where all of your needs are quietly met and every one of your senses will be in top form, but here's a taste of what to expect...
Your adventure begins with a scenic 20-minute ride in which you'll see a bit of the island. Upon arrival at the beach, you'll marvel at the incredible view and then get settled in on the beach with a tropical drink. There are plenty of lounge chairs here and, when we were here, some gals brought them right up to the water's edge where their mates were snorkeling at their feet. If you want chairs for your children, you can rent them for $5.
There's a great bar and restaurant, where you can order reasonably priced food from an extensive menu. Lunch is not included in the price of the tour, but you can select from shrimp, burgers, fish, chicken, vegetarian items, salads, sandwiches, and more. Dine in a shaded area or choose to be served at one of the covered palapas close to the water.
For your convenience, there are two dressing rooms in close proximity to the beach, as well as restroom facilities. You'll also find outside showers and hammocks in the shade.
- Your driver will provide a specific return time. If you wish to stay longer at the beach and your ship itinerary allows the time, you may take a taxi back to the cruise pier. The cost is about $10 per person or $30 for a group of 4 people.
- Wear your swimsuit, and bring a towel, sunscreen, a hat, an extra T-shirt, a camera, your favorite book, and cash or credit card for lunch and more beverages.
- If you have snorkel gear, we suggest you bring it, though you can rent a set for $10.
- A welcome drink and one beach chair per adult are included in the package.
- Please note that this beach can get crowded during certain times of the year--Christmas, New Year's, and Easter week.
Days offered: 7 days a week