Ride along the Rio Dulce and get to know the Mayan communities.
We will begin this wonderful tour by picking you up right at the pier. We'll embark the watercraft and travel up the coast for about 35 minutes until we reach the Rio Dulce.
Along this river, don't be surprised if you see gorgeous exotic birds and other animals, as the area is surrounded by tropical rainforest. Your captain will make several brief stops so your guide can explain what you're seeing as you see it.
We'll continue in the boat, passing the widest area of the whole river, known as Golfete. Also see Castillo de San Felipe (San Felipe Fortress). We'll make sure to get out here and walk on a guided tour for about 45 minutes.
Next, you will transfer to your vehicle (ground transportation) that will bring you to a nearby, local restaurant for a quick lunch. If you'd like lunch, make sure to purchase it in check out. Lunch is typically: soup appetizer, main course of steamed fish or BBQ meat, plus salad, rice and bread. Dessert is usually apple pie, fresh fruit, or ice-cream. To drink, soda or juice.
After lunch, we'll head to Quirigua (1 hour transfer). Along the way, enjoy gorgeous views of the Guatemalan countryside and various plantations that produce goods like: wood, rubber, cacao, pineapples and bananas.
Once we arrive at Quirigua, you will have a 50 minute walking tour.
Later back to the pier.
- As indicated in the tour description, there are parts of this tour that are on foot. For that reason, we ask that you please dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
- We will provide you with bottled water during the tour
- Lunch is only included if you purchase it in check out; however, it is automatically included for groups of 2-3 passengers. Lunch typically includes soup appetizer, main course of steamed fish or BBQ meat, plus steamed salad, rice and bread. Dessert is usually apple pie, fresh fruit, or ice-cream.
- Lunch includes 1 beverage. You will have choice of soda or juice. If you'd like additional drinks, you may pay for them in person.
- You need to present your voucher for this tour.
- On the boat you will need to wear the provided life jacket. Please note: life jackets can accommodate people up to 250 lbs.
- Depending on the weather your tour may start by going straight to Quirigua.
Days offered: 7 days a week