Come along on Santo Tomas de Castilla's most popular tour! You'll be glad you did.
We'll begin this wonderful tour by picking you up right at the pier. Once aboard our watercraft, we'll travel up the coast for about 45 minutes until we reach Livingston and the Rio Dulce Canyon.
Upon entering the river canyon, you'll be enchanted by what the virgin jungle has to offer! Keep an eye out for exotic birds and other animals, as this area is surrounded by tropical rain forest. Along the way, your captain will make several brief stops so your guide can explain what you're seeing.
One of the best ways to aquaint yourself with Guatemala is through their local schools. You will visit a small village's school that lacks international funding but serves as a key resource for developing the community.
Next, we'll continue on to the hot springs, where you can dip your feet in the thermal water, which locals claim have healing properties. Try the local cerveza at Restaurante Aqua Caliente, which is next to the hot springs.
The final stop of the day will be in Livingston, at the mouth of the Rio Dulce. Livingston is known for its unique blend of people and culture. You'll have a chance to eat lunch (at your own expense) and/or shop and explore the city.
At the conclusion of this fascinating tour, you'll be returned to the cruise ship pier.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The area along the river is a tropical rain forest, so there is a chance of mosquitoes and other bugs. Please wear/bring insect repellent.
- This tour will operate rain or shine.
- Boats have canvas rooftops. There are no bathrooms or air conditioning onboard.
- Lunch is not included in the price of this tour.
- Donations to the students is appreciated, but not required. The students are always in need of pens, pencils, notebooks, markers, tooth brushes and tooth paste.
- You'll need to present your voucher for this tour.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to sign up before it can be confirmed.
- The maximum weight for this tour is 250 lbs.
- We'll provide you with a lifevest. It's mandatory that you wear it.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, limited mobility travelers, or those with back or neck problems.
- As this is a shared program you must be able to keep with the pace of the group.
Days offered: 7 days a week