Get to know Las Escobas culture and community and visit a local's home!
Las Escobas is the only Natural Springs Reserve on the Caribbean side of Guatemala. It's simply gorgeous!
We'll start out this day by meeting you at the pier and traveling to Las Escobas Nature Reserve, where the real experience begins. At the main gate, you'll be welcomed by a young local guide who is learning English and studying tourism services through a social program funded by FUNDAECO (Foundation for Las Escobas Spring Nature Reserve). The tour guide will accompany you the whole time on this fun off-the-beaten-path adventure!
The length of the trail is 0.86 miles long on uneven terrain. The hiking takes about 2 hours, including some breaks (dip in the "puddles"). Be sure to bring a swimsuit and water shoes if you plan on jumping in!
After the visit to the waterfalls, we will drive by a local village and if tortillas are being made, we will do a short stop for you to try and participate.
Later, you'll be returned to the port.
- Since you're hiking in the tropical rain forest, there's a chance of mosquitoes and other bugs. Please wear/bring bug spray and bring a long-sleeved shirt and pants.
- Some sections of the hiking trail are steep with gravel paths. Rustic handrails are available.
- We recommend hiking shoes. No sandals.
- No certified lifeguard is available at the Springs perimeter.
- The tour will be operated rain or shine.
- You'll need to present your voucher for this tour.
- Part of the tour is on a dirt road with some bumps.
- As this is a shared program you must be able to keep with the pace of the group.
- There is a minimum of 4 people required to confirm this tour. If you have less than 4 people in your party, we will attempt to match you with other people.
Days offered: 7 days a week