Visit a fairy tale town where skilled craftsmen create colorful buildings, oxcarts, and souvenirs.
This tour includes:
- Round trip, private, air-conditioned transportation from the cruise ship pier
- Bilingual tour guide
- A visit to the town of Sarchí for sightseeing and shopping in the oxcart factories and craft shops
- Lunch at a local restaurant
In the enchanting village of Sarchí, many houses are adorned with colorful gingerbread trim--just one example of the wood craftsmanship for which this little town is famous. With its pink church, trimmed in pale green, Sarchí is truly a fairy tale town.
In the many souvenir shops, you will find an astounding array of crafts and other wooden products, as well as items made of cloth, glass, bronze, and other materials, making gift choices a delightful challenge.
It is here, in Sarchi, where you will see craftsmen meticulously hand painting the colorful oxcarts and oxcart wheels that you will see elsewhere in Costa Rica.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. It is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- While your transfer will be private, we cannot guarantee that the tour will be private.
- A vegetarian lunch option is available by prior arrangement.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and light clothing.
- Bring a raincoat or umbrella, a jacket or sweater, and a hat.
- The rainy or “green season,” which typically brings sunny mornings and afternoon showers, lasts from May to November, but it's best to be prepared for rain at any time of the year.
- Transportation for 2-7 passengers will be in a minivan with a guide/driver.
- Transportation for 8-20 passengers will be in a minibus with a guide and a driver.
- Transfer to/from port to oxcart factories takes approximately 1.5 hours each way.
- It is very important that you check in on time for this tour. Late arrival for check-in may result in missing the tour, which would not entitle you to a refund.
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week