The best day you could imagine out of Puntarenas!
This is the best tour you can take during your visit to Puntarenas! A professional naturalist guide will explain the most important aspects of Costa Rican Central Pacific culture and the rich wildlife of this fascinating region.
This tour includes:
• Wildlife Safari boat tour
• Nature history walk and hanging bridges
• Santa Lucia village
• Countryside drive and sightseeing
• Puntarenas city tour
Famous for its large American crocodiles, the Tarcoles River is the path you'll follow on your Wildlife Safari boat tour. This is a custom-built, flat-bottom river boat that glides along the placid river with our naturalist guide, who will describe the flora and fauna you encounter in great detail. The Tarcoles River forms at the northern border of Carara Biological Reserve on the Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. After visiting the river mouth, we'll venture up a mature mangrove estuary, where the guide will stop to tell you about this remarkable ecosystem.
After the riverboat adventure, we'll take a walk through the trails of Villa Lapas Reserve. The SkyWay walking tour of 1.5 miles in length will give you a good look at all of the exotic flora and wildlife. A total of five suspended bridges--at more than 180 feet above the ground and 300 feet in length--give you the ultimate eco-immersion experience. Along the way, there are majestic views of the Pacific ocean.
Next, our journey takes us down to sea level, where you can admire the green rolling hills covered by pasture lands, colorful homes with large gardens, and a variety of mango plantations.
Lastly, we arrive in the city of Puntarenas, which means "sandy point" in Spanish. To this day, it's still used as a commerical fishing port, so it's not hard to find fresh seafood like shrimp, lobster, and fish. We'll visit Paseo de los Turistas, a tree-lined promenade adjacent to the beach. People from all over enjoy the popular restaurants, discos, cafes, bars, and hotels that are found here. Aside from the new, there are lots of lovely old, unusual buildings all over the city.
• Wear comfortable walking shoes, insect repellent, sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen, and don't forget your camera.
• Not recommended if you have a fear of heights.
• There is a minimum of 2 passengers needed to operate this tour. If there are less than 2 people in your party, we will try to match you with other guests to meet the minimum.
• This excursion is rated as moderate but is appropriate for all ages.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• This trip does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week