Meet big crocodiles - we're talking 20 feet long!
Meet big crocodiles--we're talking 20 feet long!
Included in this tour:
- Entrance fee to the Tárcoles River Boat
- English-speaking naturalist guide
- Private round trip transportation
Famous for its large American Crocodiles, the Tárcoles River forms the Northern border of Carara Biological Reserve on the Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The Tárcoles is full of crocodiles, scarlet macaws, Jesus Christ lizards, and over 120 species of birds.
On this tour you will board a river boat and glide along this placid river with our naturalist guide. You will learn about all of the wildlife found in the rainforests as the guide describes the birds, animals, and habitat in great detail. After visiting the river mouth, we venture up a mature mangrove area, where we stop to learn about this remarkable ecosystem.
Return upstream to the native botanic garden, where your guide explains more about the native plant species of this transitional habitat.
This half-day, educational tour is designed for you to experience, photograph, and learn about the native wildlife.
- This tour does not include lunch, but a stop can be made at a local restaurant close to the park.
- Admissions are included in the tour.
- Drinks, food, souvenirs, and/or any other extras are not included.
- Please bring/wear: Comfortable walking shoes, light clothing, insect repellent, hat, sunblock, binoculars, and camera.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you don't miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- While your transfer will be private, we cannot guarantee that the tour will be private.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Days offered: 7 days a week