Rain Forest Aerial Tram Experience With Private TransfersExplore > Costa Rica > Puerto Limon > Rain Forest Aerial Tram Experience With Private Transfers
Experience Costa Rica's incredible natural diversity on a hike and a tram ride through the treetops!
Famous for its amazing biodiversity and wide variety of microclimates, as well as its warm, friendly people, Costa Rica is a nature lover's paradise!
This tour includes:
- Round trip, private, air-conditioned transportation from the cruise ship pier
- Bilingual tour guide
- Entrance fees, nature hike, and aerial tram tour in a nature reserve
On this fabulous nature tour, you will experience the different levels of a rainforest, including the treetops or canopy--the hardest level to access and the least known part of the forest.
On the one hour and 20-minute aerial tram ride, you will float silently through the canopy and open your senses to the forest from this unique perspective--the star pattern of a palm tree seen from above, the scent of treetop flowers, the mellow song of a nearby trogon.
The tram is not a wildlife viewing tour. It is a holistic view of one of nature’s most complex creations and an excellent introduction to Costa Rica’s incredible diversity.
The most common species found here are butterflies and a wide variety of birds, including toucans, parrots, woodpeckers, sparrow hawks, eagle hawks, tanagers, and wrens. Blue jeans frogs can also be found.
Those who venture through the forest treetops sometimes spot interesting mammals such as monkeys, sloths, anteater bears, or bats.
Insects are abundant in the canopy and many species are still unknown to scientists.
The course is very secure and quiet, allowing you to listen to the many mysterious sounds of the rain forest.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you don't miss your excursion. It is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- While your transfer will be private, we cannot guarantee that the tour will be private.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes and light clothing.
- Bring a raincoat or umbrella, light jacket or sweater, sunblock, hat, binoculars, and camera.
- The rainy or “green season,” which typically brings sunny mornings and afternoon showers, lasts from May to November, but it's best to be prepared for rain at any time of the year.
- Transportation for 2-7 passengers will be in a minivan with a guide/driver.
- Transportation for 8+ passengers will be in a minibus with a guide and a driver.
- Travel time between the port and the aerial tram is approximately 2 hours each way.
- It is very important that you check in on time for this tour. Late arrival for check-in may result in missing the tour, which would not entitle you to a refund.
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week