Tortuguero Canal And Rainforest ExplorationExplore > Costa Rica > Puerto Limon > Tortuguero Canal And Rainforest Exploration
It's the Venice of Costa Rica. Enjoy the canals and the rain forest.
This tour has been designated as an environmentally-sensitive excursion.
Known as Costa Rica's Amazon because of its surrounding rain forest, the Tortuguero Canal region is rich in exotic flora and fauna.
Board your covered boat for a leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. Your guide will introduce you to the rain forest eco-system and point out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife, including howler monkeys, sloths, toucans, bats, aquatic birds, iguanas, and crocodiles!
At the end of your cruise, board your waiting transportation for the short transfer to Cahuita National Park.
Enjoy a journey through the rainforest with a 45-minute nature walk offering beautiful landscapes, various flora, and fauna as well as many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, such as the red dart frog. If you are lucky, you will witness the popular 3-toed sloth and a variety of unique bird species such as Toucans, Oropendola, Tanagers, Hummingbirds, Kiskidees and much more! The creeks by your side and the eclectic groupings of trees surrounding you will set the perfect atmosphere to explore the beauties of Costa Rica that you always hear about.
On the return trip, you'll take a short city tour before returning you to the cruise ship pier.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses, a hat, and your camera.
- There is a minimum of 2 passengers needed to operate this tour.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
- The nature walk is approximately 45 minutes.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- Sorry, this tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week