Zip Line & Tortuguero Canals Combo TourExplore > Costa Rica > Puerto Limon > Zip Line & Tortuguero Canals Combo Tour
Zip through the rain forest canopy then boat through the canals. The best of Costa Rica!
Participate in two of our favorite activities while in port: take a relaxing cruise through the eco-reserve of the Tortuguero Canals and zip line through the rain forest canopy.
Known as Costa Rica's Amazon because of its surrounding rain forest, the Tortuguero Canal region is rich with exotic flora and fauna.
Board your covered boat for a leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. As you float down the river, your guide will introduce you to the rain forest eco-system and point out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife, including howler monkeys, sloths, toucans, bats, aquatic birds, iguanas, and crocodiles!
Next, enjoy the thrilling experience of crossing the jungle like a monkey! After receiving your equipment and a safety briefing, your treetop adventure begins. You will cross the forest from tree to tree with first-class equipment and a double cable system for added security. If you want an adrenaline rush, then this is the tour for you! Glide through the treetops with this exhilarating adventure: 9 cables and 12 platforms stretched across the length of the rain forest. The longest cable is 885 ft. long and you will experience heights up to 265 ft. Here you can enjoy the gripping thrill of the wind in your face as you soar through the rain forest witnessing some of the most spectacular views.
The platforms are arranged at different heights and levels of excitement. Up to platform 5, all cables are of similar length. However, after this platform, the cables become even more thrilling. Here those who would like to give up and return to the lodge may do so. This opportunity is also offered at platform 7. For those of you who enjoy the thrill, its go, go, go, all the way to platform 12.
Catch glimpses of the Caribbean Ocean, the Banano River, and, of course, the rain forest.
NOTE: If you have a group and some people do not want to experience the zip line tour, they can accompany you and experience the rain forest nature walk while you enjoy the treetop canopy adventure. The group will travel together and you will split up for the activities.
- Jeans or long pants are recommended for the zip line. Additionally, we suggest that you wear comfortable shoes, and bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and insect repellent. Please bring a backpack to store cameras and other belongings.
- During the rainy season (September-November), please bring a raincoat. Trip operates rain or shine.
- Changing facilities, restrooms, showers, lockers, a restaurant, and bar are all available on this tour.
- There is a minimum of 2 people needed to operate this tour.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
- Minimum age for this trip is 7 years old. Maximum weight is 250 pounds. Maximum waist size is 51'. The highest point you will travel to is 265 ft.
- This canopy tour requires moderate physical activity and is designed for active people who enjoy exercise and the great outdoors. It is not recommended for those with back or neck problems or for pregnant women. You may not participate in this excursion if you are pregnant, have heart conditions, are afraid of heights, experience vertigo, anxiety, and/or any other physical condition. You must be in good physical condition to take zip line/canopy tours.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also, check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
-Sorry, this trip does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week