Best Of Puerto Vallarta City Tour For GroupsExplore > Mexico > Puerto Vallarta > Best Of Puerto Vallarta City Tour For Groups
Experience friendly, beautiful, cultured Puerto Vallarta on this
Experience friendly, beautiful, cultured Puerto Vallarta on this "best of the city" tour.
This tour includes:
- Round-trip air-conditioned transportation
- Bilingual, English-speaking guide
- City tour including Pitillal, downtown Puerto Vallarta, Los Arcos, Mismaloya, Basilio Badillo St. and more.
- Distillery tour and tasting
One of the areas you will visit first is the suburb of Pitillal. Here, just ten minutes from most of the hotels, is an area of Puerto Vallarta that has remained untouched by tourism. A bustling pueblo of about 80,000, it feels like the "real" Mexico. The main square is ringed with benches and shade trees and the small market and tiny tiendas sell everything at local Mexican prices. Here you will see the landmark church of San Miguel.
Next, your adventure will lead you into the colorful heart of the city. Your tour will include a little walking, as well as driving, as you work your way to the Rio Cuale, with a stop at a local bakery and shops with friendly folks and tremendous commerce.
Then you will visit the Mercado Municipal Rio Cuale, a honeycomb of stalls stuffed with crafts from all over Mexico. In this area, just north of the river, you can see beautiful shops full of antiques and artwork, scattered among stores selling daily necessities.
A short drive to the south takes you to Playa Mismaloya and Los Arcos. The winding road is dotted with homes and resorts on both sides, interspersed with beautiful vistas. Lagoons with beachside palapas (grass huts) alongside fishing boats line the Mismaloya stream, which you will pass as you head towards the movie set of "Night of the Iguana."
And no trip to Puerto Vallarta is complete without a stop at a tequila factory. We've chosen the renowned boutique distillery Don Chendo to sample their handcrafted Agave Nectar.
As you head back, don't miss Badillo Street, famed for its restaurants, where you can shop for beautiful gifts. Linens, jewelry, hand-blown glass, and crafts can be found in abundance here.
- Cruise Ship passengers will be met at the cruise pier. Hotel guests will have to take a taxi to the cruise pier. Please consult with your hotel for approximate taxi costs and distance. Full instructions will appear on your voucher.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, sun screen and a hat and don't forget to bring your camera!
- There will be an opportunity to purchase a snack or light lunch, so be sure to bring some cash.
- Please note that in Puerto Vallarta there is some confusion about ship time vs local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
Days offered: 7 days a week