Visit the ancient cultural capital of the Mayan empire during this private tour.
Here is where 100,000 proud Mayan people lived 1,500 years ago and created a beautiful city where major builings still stand.
Recently voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, Chichén Itzá is possibly the most famous temple city of the Mayas, a pre-Columbian civilization that lived in present-day Central America.
At the city's heart lies the Temple of Kukulkan, the main atraction and central pyramid. The numbers of its different measurements relate to digits in the Mayan solar calendar. For example, 91 steps on 4 sides, or 364, plus the platform, is 365, the number of days in a year. This building reveals the profound knowledge of the Mayan people.
Additionally, there are many other important buildings to explore, including the Observatory, the Great Ball Court, and the Sacred Well.
Time permitting, you can browse the informative museum, gift shops, and vendor stands. The bathrooms are clean and the dining room serves well-prepared food (cost of lunch is not included in the price of the tour).
- Please wear good walking shoes and a hat.
- We suggest that you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and extra money for lunch and snacks.
- The drive time to Chichen Itza is about 2 hours.
- Guests are not allowed to climb the pyramids.
- This program is not suitable for guests in wheelchairs or guests with walking difficulties.
Days offered: 7 days a week