A camel ride in Mexico? OH YEAH!
Try something fast and fun that you can't do at home! Ride across the sands of the Riviera Maya, way up high on a camel's hump!
After being picked up by your guide at your hotel, you'll be driven to the camel ranch, where you'll be given a safety briefing and introduction to your friendly, charismatic camel.
Then you’re off on an exciting camel ride through the mangrove trees and a jungle landscape to a gorgeous white sand beach. The camels--desert creatures--love the sand, but don't go in to the sea!
After an exhilarating jaunt along the beach, you’ll ride back to the ranch, amazed at the unique experience you've just had!
- This tour is perfect for beginners, as well as advanced riders and for everyone in between!
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory.
- Long pants, sunscreen, and bug spray are recommended.
- Bring cash if you wish to purchase a photo of yourself or your family or friends astride a camel!
- Guests are not permitted to gallop or enter the ocean while on a camel.
- Guests may not consume alcoholic beverages before the camel ride.
- If you are arriving in Playa Del Carmen by cruise ship, you will need to take a taxi to meet your guide. The taxi ride will take approximately 20 minutes and cost about $15, one way, for 4 passengers. The details of the meeting place and pickup time will be given to you when your tour is confirmed.
- The tour company provides pickup service at most Playa del Carmen hotels. However, for some hotels in Playacar and downtown Playa del Carmen, you will need to take a taxi to meet your guide. The details of the meeting place and pickup time will be given to you when your tour is confirmed.
- Transfer time to/from the camel ranch is approximately 1 hour each way.
- Minimum age is 2 years old.
- Children age 2-5 may ride with a parent at no charge.
- Minimum age to be assured of riding alone on a camel is 6 years old. They would be charged the same price as adults.
- Maximum weight is 220 lbs.
- The riding trail traverses uneven ground, so the ride, though exhilarating, is not smooth.
- Guests must be able to walk unassisted and without any orthopedic device.
- Guests who are pregnant, recovering from surgery, and/or have back or neck injuries are not allowed on this tour.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday