Flora, fauna, falls, and even a burro crossing!
This tour includes:
• Scenic drive
• Flora and fauna
• Visit to El Salto waterfall and Minatitlan pueblo
• Swimming and hiking opportunities
• Option to purchase lunch (very reasonable and tasty)
We'll pack a cooler and on our way out to El Salto waterfall, we'll make a stop at a convenience store so you can choose your refreshments. Enjoy the amazing, scenic views as the road winds and turns through an area called "Jurassic Park," due to the lush trees, vines, and fields. It's also not unusual to have to stop for burros, chickens, or cows on the highway!
At the falls, your guide will point out coffee trees, banyans, and other precious hardwood trees, as well as a "Chicle" tree (where "Chiclets" gum comes from), a tourist tree (red, scaling bark like a tourist with sunburn), lots of butterflies, and other wonders of nature.
Enjoy a swim in the pools at the base of the falls, float down the canyon, and/or go for a hike to another waterfall nearby. Don't forget to bring/wear your swimsuit and towels.
After the falls, we'll have a Mexican lunch in Minatitlan, a charming mountain pueblo at about 3,500 feet. Lunch is at your own expense, but typically costs about $5 per person, depending on how much you eat/drink.
After the tour, we'll drop you off within walking distance of your ship.
• You must take a taxi to the starting point of this trip. The ride costs approximately $12-$14 per taxi for up to 4 people (each way) and takes about 15 minutes from the cruise ship pier. Specific directions will appear on your voucher.
• Bring a towel, sunblock, and a dry T-shirt.
• The cost of lunch is about $5/person, depending on how much you eat and drink.
• Bring cash for food and refreshments.
• We do not provide life jackets. If you're going in the water, you need to know how to swim. If bringing kids, please bring floaties and/or life jackets, although the water at the waterfall pools is shallow.
• Minimum 4 people.
• Minimum age is 6 years old.
Days offered: 7 days a week