Visit the Valley of Guadalupe, the most important 'wine country' in Mexico.
Mexico is more than just Tequila. A country already world-famous for its tequila, Mexico is also trying its hand at winemaking, with successful results.
This tour includes:
• Roundtrip transportation
• Visit to 2 boutique wineries in the Valley of Guadelup
• A tour, a discussion about the process of their wine making, a wine tasting at each winery.
• Lunch at a local restaurant
Mexican winemaking dates all the way back to the Spanish conquest, with the Spaniards surprised to find how well the vines they brought from the homeland adapted to the climate. Ensenada sits in the heart of Mexican wine growing country. More than 90% of the Wine produced in Mexico comes from this area.
Most of the wineries in the Valley of Guadalupe are dedicated to red wines, however there are some that make a few white wines. The Reds wines produced are Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Nebbiolo, Tempranillo, Petite Syrah, just to mention a few. The whites wines produced are French Colombard, Sauvignon, Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay, Voignier, Riesling, Semillon.
Your travels through the Valley of Guadalupe will bring you to two different boutique wineries. Each visit will include a tour, a discussion about the process of wine making they use, and a wine tasting at each winery.
Following the winery visits, lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Lunch will feature chips, salsa and cheese, a main course of Mexican cuisine, and dessert of homemade flan or apple pie.
• Wear comfortable shoes. There is some walking is involved in this tour. Bring sunblock, hat, sunglasses and your camera.
• Lunch as described is included with the price of the tour.
• Guests with limited mobility may be accommodated. Please contact ShoreTrips if you will be traveling with a wheelchair.
• Please note that in Ensenada there is some confusion about ship time vs local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
• Minimum of 2 passengers.
• This tour is not available December 25th and January 1st.
Days offered: 7 days a week