This special tour is presented by our fabulous guides from Chacchoben
There's no preparation required for this tour. We've taken care of everything--your English-speaking guide, all of your transportation, and your admission to Tulum.
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from your Playa del Carmen/Riviera Maya area hotel
- 1.5 hour guided tour of Tulum
- Lots of amazing photo opportunities!
Instead of spending hours in a crowded bus with 60 of your shipmates, why not enjoy a small, fully-escorted tour of Tulum? The guides do a fabulous job of bringing the ruins alive for our guests.
Tulum, meaning "fence or wall," is one of the most visited Mayan sites in the Yucatan. The turquoise waters of the Caribbean provide a breathtaking backdrop to the impressive ruins and make for incredible photos.
You'll travel via air-conditioned van for the 45-minute ride to this famous ruin. Upon arrival at Tulum, you'll walk about 10 minutes to the entrance of the site. Then, for the next 1.5 hours (approximately), you'll be tantalized with tales (and facts) of ancient and modern Mayan life. We'll discuss the culture as it was during the times of Tulum and examine the inscriptions and murals on the temples--describing the decoration, rich iconography, and its meaning to the Maya.
From the moment your adventure begins, you'll become an explorer in a new land. The passion of your guide, the magnificence of the sites, and the experiences you have will make this one of the most memorable days of your vacation.
- Please wear walking shoes and bring your camera, sunscreen, and a hat.
- There is a fee of $4 for the use of video cameras at this site. Tripods are not allowed.
- There is a minimum of 4 people needed for this tour. We will do our best to match you with others.
Days offered: 7 days a week