Jungle Expedition: Tulum, Tankah, Zipline & 4 X 4Explore > Mexico > Riviera Maya > Jungle Expedition: Tulum, Tankah, Zipline & 4 X 4
Talk about adventure! See Tulum, go on a 4 x 4, zip line, and eat a great lunch.
If you're the kind of person who can never get enough adventure, then this is DEFINITELY the tour for you. From exploring Mayan ruins to zip lining through the jungle, you'll experience one thrill after another during this amazing day of discovery!
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from your Riviera Maya hotel
- Bilingual guides
- Entrance fees to Tulum and Tankah
- Tour in Tankah: Jeeps, zip lines, canoes, and cenote
- Lunch buffet and beverages
Our tour starts from your hotel in comfortable, air-conditioned transportation and with a great English-speaking guide.
Tulum, meaning "fence or wall," is one of the most visited Mayan sites in the Yucatan. The impressive ruins, with its backdrop of turquoise waters, is just breathtaking. You will have a 50-minute guided tour of the ruins with explanations about the history of the Mayans, followed by free time to take pictures and look around.
After about 1.5 hours at Tulum, we'll take our transportation to Tankah Park.
Tankah is located only 20 minutes from Tulum. Once we get there, we'll start the 4x4 tour. Your guide will provide a brief introduction (about the road and safety), and then you'll drive the 4x4s on low difficulty roads and then on more challenging roads, all supervised by our experts.
After this tour, we'll take you to our zip line course! We have two zip lines (387 and 696 feet long). The zip lines are an exciting attraction that allow you to see the cenote from a unique perspective. The largest zip line will take you all the way over to a pier, where you'll board our canoes and paddle to the biggest open air cenote in the Maya Riviera.
The adventure never stops!
The tour by canoes is beautiful, as is the cenote in the middle of the jungle. You'll be captivated by the sights here, including the vast array of flora and fauna. Swimmers can take a refreshing dip, if they desire.
Next, it's on to the Mayan town of Tanka, where we'll have the opportunity to experience the natives' culture and traditions firsthand.
Here, we'll enjoy a delicious lunch buffet in our central palapa in the middle of the jungle, accompanied by natives of the area. The lunch is a typical menu cooked on firewood. Selections include chicken, pork, rice, beans, vegetable salads, fruits, guacamole, sauces, dressings, handmade tortillas, orange flavored water, beer, soda, and coffee.
After enjoying lunch, we'll take our transportation back to your hotel.
- Please wear your swimsuit, comfortable shoes, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Please bring a towel and money for extras.
- This tour is best for ages 6 and up.
- Drivers must be 18 years old and have a valid driver's license.
- Zipline: There is a maximum weight limit of 250 pounds and a maximum waist size of 45 inches.
- Pregnant women, people with back/neck injuries, or those who have had recent surgeries are not allowed on this tour.
- This tour is only offered on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Days offered: Tuesday, Friday