Get to know Christiansted! See historic churches, fort, botanical gardens, rum tasting and more!
Christiansted is a fascinating place because it has preserved the 18th-century buildings of its Danish settlers. Expect to see solid stone buildings in pastel colors with bright red tile roofs, cobblestone sidewalks and lots of European charm!
We will start off this lovely tour in Christiansted. This small, waterfront town is perfect for any visitor that craves a little culture on their vacation!
Pass the many historic churches, cute courtyards, alleyways, stone arches, antique street lights, and rows of restored townhouses that add to the city's appeal. We'll also be sure to go by the Governor's House with its lovely Danish colonial architecture.
We'll continue on to the St. George Village Botanical Garden, where you'll receive an excellent guided tour of the garden. Your guide will tell you all about St. Croix's flora and answer any questions you might have.
Next, we're onto the Cruzan Rum Factory for a guided tour and rum tasting! You can choose to sample from some of their 17 different blends. Delicious!
If time permits, we'll also incorporate shopping time at some of the many jewelry shops in the town square.
- If you have more than 8 people in your party, please contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- Entrance fees, including rum tasting, are included in the price of this tour.
- You'll want to bring some extra cash for possible shopping stops and/or food and beverage purchases. (Food and beverages are not included in the price of this tour).
- Portions of this tour are on foot. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- You must be 21 years old to participate in the rum tasting.
Days offered: 7 days a week