Private Tortola Island TourExplore > Virgin Islands (British) > Tortola > Private Tortola Island Tour
This private tour will show you the highlights of this interesting island.
Welcome to Tortola, the largest and most populated of the British Virgin Islands.
On this tour you will:
- Cane Garden Bay
- J.R. O’Neal Botanic Gardens
- Fort Hill, Ridge Road
- Pass Long Trench village & Fahie Hill
- Mount Healthy windmill
- Beach/snack time
- Old Government House Museum
Begin with a scenic island drive through beautiful Tortola. Your tour takes you through the busy business center of Road Town for a visit to the J.R. O’Neal Botanic Gardens, where approximately 20 minutes is allowed for strolling in the gardens.
Then travel up Fort Hill to the Ridge Road, where the route passes through the local villages of Long Trench and Fahie Hill. Visit one of the more intact remainders of the era of "King Sugar" – Mount Healthy windmill, where you will get a chance to wander around the ruins and look at the surrounding views. Continue along the ridge before arriving at Sky World, where you will stop for souvenir shopping and a chance to admire the fabulous view of the surrounding islands from the observation deck.
It's time to experience one of Tortola's biggest assets - its beaches. You will pay a visit to Cane Garden Bay on Tortola's north shore, well known as one of the Caribbean's top 10 beaches. Surrounding islands mean that the sea is calm here most of the time, and you will enjoy soaking in the lovely Caribbean sun and great atmosphere. You will enjoy a complimentary drink as you dig your toes in the sand for almost an hour.
Re-board your vehicle and continue along the ridge for still more views before descending the Doty New Road to the North Shore line. The route follows the shore line passing through several small fishing villages before crossing the island over Zion Hill. Make a stop at the Old Government House Museum, where you will take a guided tour of the residence of previous British Governors (about 30 minutes).
At the end of the tour, the driver will return you to the cruise pier. However, he will be free to take those interested in getting back to the beach to Cane Garden Bay - AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE. If you want to do this, please arrange it with your driver in advance, and also arrange a pick up time for your return transfer to the pier. You can pay him directly for the extra transfer service.
At the beach, you can rent anything and everything. This beach has several bars and restaurants with restrooms, food, and chairs and umbrellas to rent. There are also beach concessions renting out beach toys such as jet skis.
- Please be aware there are a few stairs, a gravel parking lot and some uneven surfaces on this tour.
- A complimentary drink is included in this tour.
- At the end of the tour, you may opt to be dropped off at Cane Garden Bay, for an additional fee of $24 per person for one passenger, $12 per person if you have two passengers and $8 per person if you have three or more passengers in your party. You may arrange this directly with your driver, and pay them for the extra transfer service. Also please be sure to secure a pick up time for your return transfer to the pier with them as well.
Days offered: 7 days a week