Private: Virgin Gorda Safari TourExplore > Virgin Islands (British) > Tortola > Private: Virgin Gorda Safari Tour
Visit Virgin Gorda and experience the world-famous Baths.
When we got off the ferry in Virgin Gorda, it felt like we had walked into a postcard of "the perfect Caribbean." It is beautiful. It is peaceful. It is quiet. It is paradise.
Your local guide will show you the highlights of this beautiful island in an open-air bus. You'll visit scenic and historic Spanish Town to see the ruins of an 18th-century copper mine and stop at the overlook at Gorda Peak, Virgin Gorda's highest point. From here you'll be able to view the neighboring islands of Prickly Pear, Eustacia, and Saba Rock and even Sir Richard Branson's private islands of Moskito and Necker. While you're there, keep in eye open for the world’s smallest lizard, the Virgin Gorda gecko!
Your driver will then take you to the island's world-famous Baths. A short walk down a path of stairs and rocks will bring you to the huge boulders and long beautiful beaches that make up the unique area known as The Baths. You will have the option of swimming, sunbathing, or snorkeling. You may even wish to continue meandering down the path through the rocks to an even more beautiful beach.
If you've worked up an appetite, please let your guide know you're interested in stopping for lunch. There are several options to choose from, including a place right at the Baths, and a lovely beach hotel restaurant surrounded by gentle ocean breezes and brilliant blue water. After lunch, your driver will return you to the cruise ship pier.
The chance to see this exotic destination is an opportunity not had by many. It is so untypically tourist-based and so pristine that you will most definitely find it to be the ideal tropical travel excursion to fulfill your Caribbean dreams.
- You must take a round trip ferry from Tortola to Virgin Gorda. The ferry ride takes 30 minutes each way.
- Bring sunblock and a towel if you plan on swimming at The Baths.
- Entrance fee to The Baths is $3 per person.
- Snorkel gear will be available to rent on-site for $10 plus deposit.
- The return ferries to Tortola depart Virgin Gorda at 3:00pm and 4:45pm. Your ship must depart at 5 p.m. or later if you take the 3:00pm ferry or 7:00pm or later if you take the 4:45pm ferry. If you have any questions about timing, please contact ShoreTrips.
- This tour is not available from Tortola on Sundays due to limited ferry service.
- Please be aware that the path down to The Baths may be difficult for older people or those with disabilities.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday