Private Marketplace And Botanical Garden TourExplore > Puerto Rico > Private Marketplace And Botanical Garden Tour
Get to know San Juan's culture! Stroll the marketplace and gorgeous botanical gardens!
This tour includes:
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Botanical Garden
- Plaza de Mercado
- Learn about local foods
- Shopping opportunity (specialty shops)
This cultural tour will give you some insights to a part of Puerto Rico few tourists ever see.
Your first stop will be at the Botanical Garden run by the University of Puerto Rico. Visit the Lagoon of the Palm Trees with over 1500 species of palm trees, the Sculptural Garden and the Monet Garden, a replica of Monet's garden in France.
Following the gardens, you will proceed to the Traditional Plaza de Mercado (Local Food Market) where your guide will take you on a tour of the local food vendors.
Learn about the fruits and vegetables of the island and check out the butcher counter and other specialty shops. You will have time to sample some of San Juan's local delicacies (if you wish).
- This tour involves some walking. Please dress comfortably.
- Pick up at all hotels outside of the San Juan area will incur an extra charge. These hotels include, but are not limited to: El Conquistador, RioMar Resort, Gran Melia and St. Regis. If you have any questions, please contact ShoreTrips.
If you prefer another departure time, please contact ShoreTrips 888-355-0220 (toll free). Be advised that the sun sets around 5:30pm in San Juan (depending on the season) and some public buildings are not open after that.
- Based on a minimum of 2 people.
Days offered: 7 days a week