El Yunque Rainforest Hike With A Naturalist GuideExplore > Puerto Rico > El Yunque Rainforest Hike With A Naturalist Guide
Walk the rainforest with the naturalist who helped to plant the trees!
We were absolutely thrilled when we came across this man. He is the most qualified guide in his field, lived in the jungle, and even spearheaded a major reforestation project, planting over 46,000 mahogany trees! Where has he been hiding all this time? In the jungle apparently!
Travel into the upper portions of El Yunque Rainforest with your expert hiking guide. We'll definitely take the "road less traveled," and also the road that's a lot quieter! This is important in order to really listen to the natural sounds and feelings of the forest.
Enjoy a tour that encompasses the historical and geological aspects of the El Yunque rainforest and Puerto Rico itself. You'll also learn how tropical rainforests function, why they are so fragile, and why they're so important to us. Having lived in Puerto Rico for the last half of his life, your guide will blend geography, history, peoples, and cultures, and you will leave with impressions of this national treasure, as well as the island that you hadn't expected.
If you aren't already convinced, know that each tour is tailored just for you and your party! Whether you prefer a challenging hike or a more tranquil walk, your guide will make sure that you feel comfortable for your tour. In fact, during check-out we will ask you to let us know the type of hike you desire.
- Please wear: Light clothing, swimsuit/towel, tennis shoes, hiking boots, or closed-toe sandals (no flip flops). Please do not wear bug spray.
- We recommend bringing your camera.
- The El Yunque Rainforest is currently not accessible to tourists. You may place a booking request, but we might not be able to confirm it. We will have more information early 2018. If you are interested in an active tour, we recommend our Window Cave Adventure. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- The cost of food, beverages and/or souvenirs not included.
- You should be in good shape to take this tour and have no major health problems.
- There is no minimum age for this tour, but know that it is a hiking tour, so participants should be able to walk for a few hours with various stops.
Days offered: 7 days a week