This walking, talking tour of history includes seeing and tasting. Yummy!
The magic of every culture is in the food. "Cocina criolla,” the herbs and spices used in Puerto Rican food, explains a lot about Puerto Rican people and their Latin energy.
We had not ever had mofongo until we met this gal who introduced us to it. Now we're crazy for it!
While meandering to a great local restaurant, you'll get acquainted with a little bit of Puerto Rican history and become familiar with important details of Puerto Rican culture. You'll also have a feel of the unique shopping district that these ancient streets provide. This portion of the tour will be about 2 hours of walking through many years of history.
Next up is an introduction to your chef and his local cuisine. This location is a find. It's a unique colonial atmosphere in a convenient spot with an excellent chef. You'll be interacting with the chef and have a hands-on lesson in preparing this dish. Take a load off your feet as the next 2 hours you can prepare and "kibbitz" with your new friends while learning a new skill.
Mofongo is a "must try" for first-time visitors who want to truly sample the local fare and, for locals, it's simply something to satisfy a craving. Mofongo is a mashed mound of plantains into which a combination of meat, or vegetables is added. Become a chef for a day and find out how this incredible Puerto Rican meal is made, and then, at the end, enjoy the fruits of your own delicious creation!
Your menu consists of:
- House salad
- Plantain Mofongo filled with chicken
- Rum cocktail
- Soft drink
- Delicious dessert
We are betting this is the best culinary experience of your vacation.
- The price of this tour includes a full meal, a rum cocktail, and soft drinks.
- Gratuities and additional drinks are not included.
- This tour requires a minimum of 6 passengers to run.
- You must be 21 years old to indulge in alcoholic beverages.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- This tour is not available on Thanksgiving Day, Valentine's Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, or January 6th (Three Kings Day).
- Hotel guests or travelers docking at the Pan American Pier will have to take a taxi ride to the meeting location.
Days offered: 7 days a week