Beach And Ocean Heritage Horseback Ride
Learn the history of Jamaica from atop your trusty steed.
You'll be happy to know that the owner of this stable is one of the directors of the local Horse and Donkey Rescue and Rehome Program. Be assured that the well-being of their horses is of utmost importance to them. They'll take the time to match you with the correct horse for your riding ability.
Get ready for a horseback ride through history! Your ride begins at a site of great historical significance. It was at the Seville Property that three very different cultures coexisted for many years. You'll learn about the Tainos (who originally settled the island more than 1,000 years ago), Europeans, and Africans, who all contributed to the culture that is Jamaica today.
Upon arrival at the stable, your guide will give you a safety briefing and introduce you to your horse. Then, it's time to get saddled up and join your knowledgeable guide as you explore the plantation and its ancient artifacts, Indian villages, and European settlements on your way down to our private beach
This trip isn't all history, however. A ride along the water's edge of a deserted sandy beach with just you and the birds will make for a memorable ride. Take a break and enjoy fresh squeezed limeade, as well as a taste of plantain and saltfish, or purchase light snacks and drinks.
And, finally, the moment you've been waiting for--you and your horse will trot in the surf for an unforgettable experience!
- Wear your swimsuit under your clothes, sunscreen, and a hat, and bring a towel.
- Photos and videos of you and your horse will be available for purchase.
- UPON ARRIVAL, PLEASE INFORM THE HORSE STABLE IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED THE DUNNS RIVER FALLS ADD-ON TO THE HORSEBACK RIDE.
- THIS TOUR IS NOT ADVISABLE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN OR THOSE WITH NECK OR BACK PROBLEMS.
- There is a minimum height of 3 ft. for all riders, regardless of age.
- The maximum weight is 240 pounds.
- Doubling up of riders is not allowed.
- Helmets are available for all riders, and required for riders under age 18.
- This trip is not available on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week