The Appleton Estate has been blending rums since 1749! Come with ShoreTrips on this cool tour.
The Appleton Estate has been blending rums since 1749 and the rum distillery, located beside the Black River, is in one of the most beautiful valleys in Jamaica.
Included in this tour:
- Round trip transportation
- Scenic drive - 1 hour 45 minutes each way
- Entrance fee to Appleton Estate
- Rum tasting and factory tour
- Learn about Jamaican people and culture
After picking you up at Falmouth pier, we will begin our journey to the interior of the island. The scenic drive to Appleton Estates will take about 1 hour and 45 minutes each way, but we will see lots of cool things en route!
Notice the lushness of Jamaica's vegetation as you drive past valleys and the mountain range. Go through many rural towns not seen by most visitors who come to Jamaica. Also pass some farming communities until we arrive at the factory.
Your driver/guide will fill you in on interesting aspects of Jamaican people and the culture.
Once at the Appleton Estate, visitors will be taken on a factory tour and will get a chance to sample the rum that is made locally on-site. Learn about the historical information of the Appleton Estate, see the distillery, and witness a demonstration of the rum aging and blending process.
Afterwards, we will return to the pier.
- You may have the option to stop for lunch/snack, just ask your guide. The cost of lunch/beverages is not included in the price.
- Entrance fee to Appleton Rum is included.
- Bring cash for gratuity, souvenirs, rum, food/beverage, and/or any other extra(s).
- Please note that the drive to Appleton Rum is a little over 2 hours from the port.
- There is a minimum of 4 people needed to operate this tour. If there are less than 4 people in your party, we will try to match you with other guests.
- This is not a private tour.
- This tour is not available on Sundays.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday