Private Nature Walk Down The Mastic Trail With Beach StopExplore > Cayman Islands > Private Nature Walk Down The Mastic Trail With Beach Stop
Enjoy a nature walk and cool off with some beach time.
Whether you choose this extended version or the tour with the nature walk only,
there is no way you won't be fascinated by the scenes around you as well as the guide himself. He is passionate and will entertain you with his knowledge and enthusiasm.
On this tour you will:
• Private nature walk
• Expert nature guide
• Lots of photo opportunities
• Bird & plant identification
• Beach time at Rum Point
Along the trail, walkers can expect to see rare trees like Cedar and Mastic. There's about 500 plant species along the trail so you'll get great exposure to the diverse ecosystem in this area. Your expert guide is an expert in this field and will also discuss the history of the trail.
Expect to see a variety of birds that inhabit these forests too. Many are tame enough to allow a close approach. See parrots and maybe even the West Indian Woodpecker and the Caribbean Dove!
Butterflies, lizards, snakes (not poisonous), frogs, large hermit crabs and the carton nests of termites are a few of the other animals walkers may encounter.
After the hike, get refreshed by jumping in the water at Rum Point! We'll have about an hour of beach time here so you can cool off. Rum Point Beach has everything you need, with its relaxed and casual atmosphere. You'll love the swaying casuarinas and shallow clear water. Feel free to take a refreshing dip, stroll along the sandy beaches, or work on your tan. The perfect end to the perfect day!
• Walking shoes necessary. No sandals.
• Lightweight and cool clothing is recommended.
• Please bring a bottle of water and maybe a little snack.
• If you have a set of binoculars, you might want to bring them. Otherwise we'll have some for you to use.
• Wear insect repellent.
• Bring sunscreen and towels and beach attire.
• Trail is approximately 2 miles long.
• Meeting point is walking distance from the pier. Full instructions will be on your voucher.
• Pace accommodates ages 6 and up.
• Not recommended for persons with physical or medical disabilities or children under 6.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday