Private Nature Walk Down The Famous Mastic TrailExplore > Cayman Islands > Private Nature Walk Down The Famous Mastic Trail
This hiking experience is unique to Grand Cayman and so is the guide. Only one of him so book now!
This trail has a fascinating history. Long ago Grand Cayman was a poor island where the basic foods were grown low to the ground. A farmer had lots of acreage but found it difficult to move his produce into the towns. He paid to have a trail created from his farm to the road and this trail has become the Mastic Trail.
Your guide has been in tourism here for a long time but only in the last few years has he been associated with this foundation and developed this excellent nature walk. These walks trimmed him down - Barry was jealous!
This tour includes:
• Private tour
• Expert nature guide
• Bird & plant identification
• Lots of photo opportunities
Along the trail, walkers can expect to see rare trees like Cedar and Mastic. There's about 500 plant species along the trail so you'll get great exposure to the diverse ecosystem in this area. Your nature guide is an expert in this field and will also discuss the history of the trail.
Expect to see a variety of birds that inhabit these forests too. Many are tame enough to allow a close approach. See parrots and maybe even the West Indian Woodpecker and the Caribbean Dove!
Butterflies, lizards, snakes (not poisonous), frogs, large hermit crabs and the carton nests of termites are a few of the other animals walkers may encounter.
• Walking shoes necessary. No sandals.
• Lightweight and cool clothing is recommended.
• Please bring a bottle of water and maybe a little snack.
• Wear insect repellent.
• Trail is approximately 2 miles long.
• If you have a set of binoculars, you might want to bring them. Otherwise we'll have some for you to use.
• Meeting point is walking distance from the pier. Full instructions will be on your voucher.
• Pace accommodates ages 6 and up.
• This tour is not recommended for persons with physical or medical disabilities, or children under 6.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday