Golf At Riddell's Bay Golf And Country ClubExplore > Bermuda > Hamilton > Golf At Riddell's Bay Golf And Country Club
Play 18 holes of golf on the oldest golf course in Bermuda.
This wonderful, private golf course is located just 15 minutes from Hamilton.
This tour includes:
- 18 holes of golf on a private course
- Use of a shared golf cart
- Scenic views
Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club, opened in 1922, is Bermuda's oldest golf course. The course was originally designed by architect Devereux Emmett who, shortly afterward, built the Congressional near Washington, D.C., the site of the 1997 U.S. Open.
Winding along a peninsula that, at its widest point, measures only some 600 yards, these beautiful links provide golfers with inspiration for both their game and their cameras. The first hole is unquestionably the most difficult opener on any of the island's courses. Winds from the sea are an important factor, so that, ironically, shooting's no breeze. The 8th hole, a dog-leg right, is the one to watch for. If you're not accurate, you shoot in to a green that's surrounded by water.
This golf course offers scenic delights and plenty of challenges and is described by Bermudians as "a real gem" and "the course you must play."
Men: Blue rating 66.9, Slope 121
White rating 64.9, Slope 113
Ladies: Blue rating 72.3, Slope 125
White rating 70.1, Slope 115
Course length: 5854 yards
- All golfers are expected to dress in a neat and respectable manner when on club property. Please note the following items of clothing will not be allowed: Ladies--no bathing suits, halter tops, tank tops, T-shirts, jeans, cut-offs, or brief shorts; Gentlemen--no T-shirts, jeans, cut-offs, or brief shorts. Shirt-tails must be worn inside trousers or shorts. Additionally, offensive or inappropriate articles of clothing are not allowed.
- Proper golf shoes with SOFT SPIKES are required. In the event that players do not have golf shoes, tennis shoes (only) will be accepted.
- Transfers are not included in the price of this tour. Once you arrive into Hamilton, you'll need to take a 15-minute taxi ride (approximately $15) to the golf course.
- Taylor Made & Nike Rentals for $45 a set.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday