Two Days Among The Trees Of Muir And Vines Of Napa...Our Value Shared TourExplore > United States > California > Two Days Among The Trees Of Muir And Vines Of Napa...Our Value Shared Tour
The freedom of wine tasting in major California wine country and no worries about driving!
This trip has perfect balance. A little scenic sightseeing in the woods, wine tasting in both Napa and Sonoma, an overnight stay in the middle of Sonoma Square, and a moment to absorb the wonders of Golden Gate Bridge - concise yet fun throughout!
Here you are, finding yourself in San Francisco, seeing all the sights but missing one major and very accessible experience - wine tasting in California wine country. It is just a sad state of affairs when you are so close and yet so far from a region that just about everyone in the world is aware of. Use your time wisely and take our two-day overnight in Sonoma County. True, you may not remember much after all your tastings but you will remember you had fun!
Leave the driving to us and enjoy the scenic roads that stem from San Francisco. You will be touching base first in the midst of the forest. This leg of your adventure crosses off a second surprise stop in Muir Woods where our national treasure will deliver a breath-taking feeling. Standing amongst these 1000 year old monuments will set the tone for the rest of your tour. After stretching your legs, you will continue on to Sonoma where the terrain changes from forest to vineyards.
Several tasting stops this afternoon will begin to train your palate before you arrive into the middle of historic Sonoma Square where your lodgings are located. As you can imagine (and won't have to after this), downtown Sonoma is a mixture of shops, restaurants, cultural highlights and tasting rooms. You will be within walking distance of it all and have the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful evening while you explore. You can stop in the Sonoma Mission de Solano to learn more about the history of this area, how it changed hands and transitioned over time. The property you will stay at is centrally located and most of the 82 rooms overlook a lush garden courtyard with inviting saltwater pool and hot tub. The only problem with your dinner is deciding where to eat as restaurants are almost outnumber wineries. Get a good night's sleep as you will begin your tastings in the morning - no time to waste.
Glen Ellen is one of the first stops on day two. Here you will have a chance to learn more about this challenging occupation during the 45-minute tram ride through the Benziger Family Winery including the wine caves. You will get a great understanding of the process of wine production from the vine to the glass. This particular winery uses a unique biodynamic farming method, something that several of the other vineyards practice, and you will taste the results. This portion of the tour includes a second winery owned by the Benzigers, called Imagery. Drinking in the morning is fun but you will find that some protein is necessary, and a picnic lunch will follow this part of the tour.
Don't worry - more wine to come. And the curated selections of tastings in both Sonoma and Napa Valley that follow your picnic will round out your experience. On your return ride, an extra stop is scheduled at the Golden Gate Bridge, which has been declared one of the Wonders of the Modern World. Its one-mile span connects San Francisco with Marin County, which up to its completion, was possible only by ferry boat.
As you arrive into San Francisco, you can look back on the last two days and know that you have covered the major highlights of this area and enjoyed it as well.
- Other than your tastings and lunch on day two, no food or beverages are included. Stops will be made to accommodate your needs.
- Additional tastings will be an additional cost.
- Your room comes with: 2 Queen beds (unless otherwise specified), flat screen TV w/ satellite, refrigerator, coffeemaker & coffees/teas, heating/air conditioning, fireplaces (in some rooms), and an in-room safe.
- Included in your accommodations are a complimentary continental Sonoma Style breakfast,
complimentary wireless internet, use of a fitness center, heated outdoor saltwater pool, hot tub and steam room.
- All arrangements are pre-reserved, as reservations are necessary for a visit to Muir Woods and as they are made well in advance, this stop proves very valuable. The admission to Muir Woods is $15 per person, payable on site.
- Don't forget to thank your guide for 2 days of service.
- Maximum on this tour is 13 people.
- Accommodations in Sonoma are in very high demand (especially during the busy summer/fall season), and space can fill up fast! We recommend that you make your reservation far in advance of your intended travel date in order to secure the style of accommodations you want. If your intended accommodation is NOT available, we will to the best we can to help find something for you.
- This experience will include, if possible, every detail described above but the order of the itinerary may change due to factors beyond control.
- Some activities are not accessible in extreme weather or due to road closures. Every attempt will be made to find comparable activities if these options are not available during your trip.
- This tour is not available on these dates:
Days offered: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday