Private Iao Valley Immersion Tour - Hotel GuestsExplore > United States > Maui > Private Iao Valley Immersion Tour - Hotel Guests
Immerse yourself in the natural part of Maui!
After a pickup at your hotel, our journey begins with a drive to a beautiful rainforest in Iao Valley, located only 10 minutes above town with lush green mountains, beautiful running streams, and Polynesian introduced plants.
The Iao Valley is sacred and was "kapu" (forbidden) to all but Hawaiian royalty. The sheer, inaccessible cliffs in Iao Valley were used as a burial site for Hawaii's ali'i for centuries. Ancient Hawaiian's believed that their bones contained their mana. (life energy) Desecrating or stealing bones could give power, control, and even cause harm to living descendants.
We will enter Iao Valley State Park and drive to the top to view the Iao needle and see the surrounding magnificent valley. Your stop here will be approximately 20 minutes to take in the beauty of the Valley.
After, we will continue on to a stop at historical Kepaniwai Park, where we will explore the cultural displays that honor the different cultures that contributed to modern Maui. There are sections with architecture, gardens, and statues, portraying the Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Native Hawaiian, Korean, and Filipino people. The stop at Kepaniwai Park will be approximately 30 minutes.
From here we will move on to the Maui Tropical Plantation for a walk of the park, and time for shopping, or snacks. Here you will discover and celebrate Maui's agricultural bounty. (Our stop here is approximately 45 minutes so there will not be time for the tram ride)
We will then move on and drive to The Lookout point on Honoapiilani Highway and spend time photographing the spectacular views, especially during Whale watch season! Humpback whales will be seen from Mid-December through March from this Lookout Point. Take in also the views of Kahoolawe, Mount Haleakala, Lanai, the islands of Molokini, and Maui's incredible coastline, as you are served fresh Maui gold pineapple and then return back to your hotel
- Bottled water and fresh pineapple are included, other Snacks, food, drinks, and gratuities are not included on this tour.
- We suggest you wear comfortable walking shoes since you will be walking on uneven surfaces.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests, and takes a maximum of 6 guests.
- Please note this tour is only available for hotel guests. Cruise ship passengers docking in Kahului should look for ShoreTrips' PRIVATE IAO VALLEY IMMERSION TOUR - CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and involves walking at times on slight inclines and uneven surfaces.
- This tour does not run on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week