Private Halfway To Hana -Hotel GuestsExplore > United States > Maui > Private Halfway To Hana -Hotel Guests
Journey halfway to Hana on your own private tour!
The beautiful winding Hana Highway is a must-see for visitors on Maui!
After a pickup at your hotel, your journey will begin with a drive into the jungle side of Maui along the Hana Highway. We will explore taro, bamboo, rainbow eucalyptus, waterfalls, farm stands, old churches, lava flows, and gorgeous scenic lookouts. Your guide loves showing the off-the-beaten path, untamed stops along the Hana Highway, and the many scenic lookouts do not disappoint.
Located just past mile marker 16 lies the Keanae Peninsula, which is a dramatic half-mile long peninsula sticking out from the cliff line of the Hana Highway. You will see this scenic peninsula at the many lookouts along the road before coming to this turnout. Here we will stop to explore a traditional village, and history buffs will get to enjoy the 150 year old stone church - Keanae Congregational Church - built in 1856, and you will see vast taro fields. There is no sandy beach in Keanae, and the ocean is rugged, rocky, and dangerous. This is not the place for a swim.
We will also have several other scenic lookout point stops where you will be able to enjoy the incredible views along the Hana Highway. We will also stop at the famous Aunty Sandy's Banana Bread stand, where they serve up fresh baked Hot banana bread all day! Aunty Sandy's has been featured in numerous magazines and most recently on Gordon Ramsey's "Unchartered" television series. Who doesn't like the taste of freshly baked banana bread?
At Mile marker 17, we will see the "Halfway to Hana" sign where we will stop for a photo opportunity, before heading back to your hotel.
- Snacks, food, drinks, and gratuities are not included on this tour.
- We suggest you wear comfortable walking shoes since you will be walking on uneven surfaces.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests, and takes a maximum of 6 guests.
- This tour is only available to hotel guests. Cruise ship passengers docking in Kahului should look for ShoreTrips' PRIVATE HALFWAY TO HANA - CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS tour.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and involves walking at times on slight inclines and uneven surfaces.
- This tour does not run on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week