Private Maui Rainforest & Upcountry Tour -Cruise Ship Passengers - Kahului OnlyExplore > United States > Maui > Private Maui Rainforest & Upcountry Tour -Cruise Ship Passengers - Kahului Only
See the beauty of Maui's Upcountry - it will amaze you!
The beauty of Maui's Upcountry, will amaze you!
After a pickup at the Kahului pier, our tour starts at a beautiful rainforest in Iao Valley, located only 10 minutes above town with lush green mountains, beautiful running streams, and Polynesian introduced plants. We will stop at historical Kepaniwai Park, where we will explore the cultural displays that honor the different cultures that contributed to modern Maui. There are sections with architecture, gardens, and statues, portraying the Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Native Hawaiian, Korean, and Filipino people.
We will then travel up the slopes of Haleakala to Kula Botanical Gardens, which is comprised of 8 acres of colorful and unique tropical plants, amazing rock formations, waterfalls, koi pond, aviary, and a carved tiki exhibit. There are hundres of varieties of plants for you to enjoy and photograph, and each plant is labeled with their botanical name, and country of origin. There is a also a collection of native Hawaiian plants included in the gardens, and you will find beautiful flowers at every turn. Strolling through the gardens will bring you peace, contentment, and you will see so much beauty.
From here we will move on to Kula Marketplace located near Kula Lodge on the slopes of Haleakala in the most beautiful Upcountry setting. Kula Marketplace features art and culinary talents of Hawaii's renowned artists and craftsmen. Here you will find a wide selection of Hawaiian products, including the finest pastries and chocolates, gourmet fare, pottery, jewelry, art, luxurious bath & body products, and more!
Scenic backroad drive through Haleakala Ranch, stop at a few boutiques in charming Makawao Town learning the history along the way.
Drive through Hali'i maile Pineapple Camp for a glance at the historical town once a hub of pineapple growing actively for many generations.
You will get to sample fresh Maui Gold Pineapple under huge monkeypod trees and step back in time, before your return back to the cruise port.
- Guests should bring a light jacket as often the mountain elevations are cooler. Wear good walking shoes.
- Entrance fee is included for Kula Botanical Gardens.
- Gratuities, or lunch are not included.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests, and takes a maximum of 6 guests.
- Please note this tour is only available for cruise ship passengers docking in Kahului. Guests docking in Lahaina are not able to take this tour.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and involves walking at times on slight inclines and uneven surfaces.
- This tour does not run on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week