Private: Family-Focused Treasure Hunt At The Archaeological MuseumExplore > Italy > Naples > Private: Family-Focused Treasure Hunt At The Archaeological Museum
A treasure hunt?? Sign me up!
A knowledgeable guide and activities to engage your children will make ancient times come alive. From massive statues to engraved gems, this treasure hunt will have young ones and parents alike searching for items on the list, all while learning about ancient history (just don't tell the kids).
The fascinating Naples Archaeological Museum boasts an unprecedented collection of Roman-Greco antiquities from several ancient Roman sites. And with skip-the-line tickets, you'll spend less time waiting and more time exploring.
With your experienced, child-focused guide leading the way, discover the Farnese collection, with an emphasis on 2 statues, the intricately carved, action-packed Farnese Bull and the massive statue of Hercules, as well as the beautiful Farnese Cup, a 2nd-century BC cameo hardstone carving bowl made in Hellenistic Egypt.
Walking through the Emperor’s gallery, you'll see the statue of Caracalla, also known as 2nd-century ruler Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus. Then head downstairs to reach the most impressive collection of objects and works of art discovered in the archaeological sites of Pompeii, Herculaneum and other Ancient Roman sites.
View the remains of a mosaic found in the House of the Faun, statues of dancers and athletes, a beautiful statue of Mercury, and the vase called Cupids Harvesting Grapes. Remnants of everyday life from 2,000 years ago will be highlighted and include musical instruments, keys, dice, and a beauty case, among others.
For a better understanding of the devastating effects of the still-active Mt. Vesuvius' eruption on the city of Pompeii, you'll see the Pompeii model, made to a 1:1,000 scale. This very detailed representation of the city will help you and your family visualize what Pompeii looked like before the eruption that froze it in time and history.
At the end of your tour, you are welcome to continue exploring the museum's many exhibits and collections. The Egyptian collection is highly recommended.
- Cruise ship passengers will need to take a 15-20-minute taxi ride from the cruise ship pier to the Archaeological Museum of Naples. The ride will cost between 10-20€, depending on traffic. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- Hotel guests will either walk or take a taxi to the Archaeological Museum of Naples. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- The minimum age to participate in this tour is 6 years.
- This tour can accommodate up to 6 guests.
- Once the tour is over, you are welcome to stay longer at the museum. However, you may not exit and return.
Days offered: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday