Private: Post-Cruise Traditional Tokyo TourExplore > Japan > Tokyo > Private: Post-Cruise Traditional Tokyo Tour
Explore Tokyo's East Side! A private transfer to the Yokohama pier is included.
Hearing about the transformation of Tokyo's Shiodome district will leave you amazed at the turnover amongst its infrastructure. Originally a flooded marshland separating the Imperial Palace from Tokyo Bay, Shiodome has transformed into one of the most modern regions in all of Tokyo and has been booming since the start of the 2000s. From entertainment complexes to business supercenters, this 11 part district continues to gain attention from metropolises around the world! Make sure to enjoy the view while approaching the towering skyline before the skyscrapers swallow your panorama of the surrounding area.
The many faces of Tokyo will then take you to Ueno, arguably the areas strongest cultural sector. With no high rise buildings or busy shopping malls, this district will provide you with a fresh take on one of the most dynamic cities in the world. Right off Ueno station, you will enter the aptly named Ueno Park. The beauty of this area needs no introduction and is immediately recognized by the thousands of cherry trees that line the walkways. With close to 9,000 trees and a unique collection of birds this sanctuary away from Tokyo's concrete jungle is the highlight for many first time visitors. From markets to museums to the famous Shinobazu Pond, Ueno park offers endless opportunities to experience authentic Japan.
Your next stop will get you away from the crowds and into Yanaka which many consider the "hidden" district of Tokyo. As you make your way through the narrow streets of one of Tokyo's few old quarters you will feel as if you are removed from the city life and immersed in the charm of a small town. Surviving the firebombs of War World II the sloping hills of Yakata will be the perfect slow down to your day as you meander through the historic residential streets. If you build up the courage find some to catch a glimpse of Yamaka's cemetery which is home to Japan's most famous public figures.
Asakusa's Senso-ji Temple will be your final destination. Tokyo's oldest and most significant temple is dedicated to the Goddess of Mercy and will have an everlasting impact on your visit. Upon arriving you will be welcomed by the "Thunder Gate" as you make your way to the main temple with a five-story Pagoda to your left. Since its partial destruction in World World II the Senso-Ji temple has been rebuilt as a symbol of rebirth for the local community and will serve as a perfect ending to your day!
- Lunch is included in tour cost.
- This tour is done using a private vehicle transfer from Yokohama to Tokyo. Once in Tokyo, you will meet your guide, and you will use public transportation. All public transportation costs are included in the cost of the tour.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- You will be transferred from Yokohama to your hotel in Tokyo to drop your bags. Once in Tokyo, you will meet your guide and begin your tour using public transportation.
- We will do our best to confirm the tour at the standard pricing, however there may be a surcharge on holidays and from the end of December to the New Year.
- The cancellation policy on this tour is outside of the normal ShoreTrips Terms of Service. The tour is non refundable 18 days prior to the tour date.
- Due to the extreme costs of hospitalization and medical services in Japan, we strongly recommend purchasing independent travel insurance that will cover you for injuries or illness while in Japan.
Days offered: 7 days a week