Hiking Honolulu's Heights - Hotel GuestsExplore > United States > Oahu > Hiking Honolulu's Heights - Hotel Guests
See Oahu as few others do, from high atop the iconic Diamond Head.
One of the first things you'll notice as you arrive in Waikiki is Diamond Head, one of Hawaii's most recognizable landmarks. This volcanic cone dominates Oahu's southern shoreline and is awaiting your exploration.
Strap on your best hiking shoes, get ready for an active day. This tour begins with a drive to Diamond Head, known as Leahi to locals, meaning "brow of the tuna" in Hawaiian. With your experienced, informative guide leading the way, you'll climb for about 2 miles, and gain approximately 700 feet in elevation while hearing about the geologic and historic events that define Diamond Head.
Arriving at the summit, a breathtaking 360-degree panorama awaits, with views of the Ko'olau Mountain Range, Kaneohe Bay, and Kailua. On a clear day, you can see all the way to the Koko Head Crater to the east.
Next up, an island breakfast of fruit smoothies, freshly cut pineapple, an island-style breakfast burrito, coffee, and tea is sure to hit the spot.
Refreshed and recharged, you'll venture up the canopy-covered neighborhood of Makiki Heights to Tantalus to a scenic lookout where you’ll learn the fascinating history of Oahu’s extinct volcanoes. Take in the stunning views of Diamond Head, Koko Head Crater, and the Punchbowl Crater and delve deeper into Waikiki's storied past.
From here, you'll visit the Lyon Arboretum to stroll among thousands of tropical and subtropical exotic plants. Discover how these plants have evolved, based on Hawaii's unique position in the Pacific Ocean.
- All guests must be able to hike approximately 2 miles with an elevation gain of 700 feet.
- Please wear close-toed comfortable walking shoes and bring a light jacket. It can be foggy at the Pali Lookout.
- The tour company provides pickups at select hotels. If you are not staying at one of these hotels, we will recommend the closest location for pickup. In that case, you will need to find your own transportation to the pickup site. Specific information will be included on your voucher.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 guests to operate.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 12 guests.
- This tour is not available for those with limited mobility.
- Guests must be able to hike up steep paved walkways and numerous steps with an elevation gain of 700 feet in .8 miles.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday