Mt. Rainier Helicopter And Hiking AdventureExplore > United States > Washington > Mt. Rainier Helicopter And Hiking Adventure
A spectacular experience...most definitely worth a splurge!
This boutique tour promises a day filled with excitement, adventure, personal service, natural beauty, and delicious food.
Whether you choose the morning or the afternoon departure of this premier tour, the itinerary of will be the same, just in a different order. Below is the description for the afternoon tour.
Everyone will thrill at the excitement of rising into the sky in either a 4-seater Robinson R44 or 7-seater Airbus H130 helicopter. Keep your camera clicking to capture unparalleled views as you soar over Seattle, fly in for a close-up view of famous Snoqualmie Falls and Lake Washington, glide over the Cascade foothills, and take in the views of glacier-fed rivers, cliffs, and waterfalls. Your expert pilot will point out the sites and maneuver the helicopter to offer the best views. On a clear day, you might even catch a glimpse of 5 of the Pacific Northwest's greatest peaks...Mt. Baker, Mt Adams, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Hood in Oregon before arriving at the magnificent Mt. Rainier.
From here, it's a scenic 40-minute drive to the start of your secluded sub-alpine hike. Surrounded by nature's indescribable beauty, you'll feel like the only people on earth as you breathe in the fresh mountain air and trek through pristine old-growth forests. Marvel at fields bursting with summertime wildflowers and welcome the refreshing mist from cascading waterfalls. During the hike, your knowledgeable guide will inform you of Mt. Rainier's geologic history, diverse climate, and stunning glaciology.
We promised upscale and this delicious catered picnic lunch definitely delivers. You'll have a choice of steak, chicken skewers, grilled salmon or soba noodle salad, along with a side of vegetables, green salad, bread and butter, dessert and a choice of teas and coffee, all served amidst the splendor of Mt. Rainier.
You'll make your way back to Seattle via private vehicle. Sit back and enjoy the 2-hour scenic ride with wonderful memories of your time "on top of the world" lingering long afterward.
- All guests must provide their own transportation both to and from Boeing Field (heliport). From downtown Seattle, the ride takes about 15 minutes and costs approximately $25 each way.
- Guests who have completed their cruise and will be departing directly to Sea-Tac airport after the helicopter tour will be able to store their luggage in a secure office at Boeing Field.
- At the end of the tour, guests will be returned to Boeing Field and can claim their luggage at that time. A taxi from Boeing Field to Sea-Tac Airport takes about 15 minutes and costs approximately $25.
- The weather can be changeable so please dress in layers. We suggest a quick-drying t-shirt, an insulating layer (wool sweater, hoodie), and a waterproof layer (windbreaker, soft shell jacket). Guests taking the tour in spring, fall or winter should bring one extra layer.
- Wear shoes that are comfortable for walking over uneven ground, with good ankle support. Sturdy soles with good traction are essential.
- Bring sunglasses, a hat appropriate for the season, sunblock, insect repellent (Late June-mid August), a small bag to carry water, your camera.
- Please do not bring large bags or non-essential items as storage space in the helicopter is very limited.
- Tour price includes all entry fees and taxes.
- The tour company will do their best to provide your chosen lunch selection.
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 passengers.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 6 passengers per helicopter.
- This 2-hour hike is considered easy to moderate. It takes place on marked trails but the ground is uneven in places. Guests who are able to walk 2 miles and climb 4 flights of stairs at a moderate pace will find the hike invigorating but not overly challenging.
- If you would like to take this tour but are not capable of completing the hike or guests who would prefer a shorter hike should consider booking a private tour where the guide will be able to adjust the pace of the hike to your wishes. For private tours, please contact ShoreTrips.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please alert ShoreTrips of any food allergies or dietary restrictions during the checkout process.
- The tour operator reserves the right to cancel the tour or modify the itinerary due to road closures, hazardous driving or flying conditions, mechanical issues or other factors beyond its control.
- This tour is highly dependent on good weather and visibility, in and around Seattle and Mt. Rainier. Weather in this area is constantly changing. Your tour operator reserves the right to cancel the tour up to and including the day of travel due to poor weather, poor visibility, or other unforeseen factors.
- If the tour operator cancels the tour before it has begun, guests will be given the option to receive a full refund, reschedule the tour to another date/time, subject to availability, or select an alternative tour destination/route on the same day of travel, if one can be mutually agreed upon.
- Guests on the morning tour who have completed the ground portion of the tour but who cannot fly back to Seattle via helicopter will receive a partial refund equal to 70% of their total tour cost and will return to Seattle via private ground transport.
- Gratuities/tips are not included. Any gratuities should be given to your ground tour guide at the end of that portion of the tour. All gratuities are shared equally between the air and ground staff. As a general guideline, most guests tip their guides about 15-20% of the tour price.
Days offered: 7 days a week