Private: Nyc...See It All By SubwayExplore > United States > New York City > Private: Nyc...See It All By Subway
The best way to see the most of the city, all the while looking like a local.
See how the locals get around. Ride New York City's fast and efficient subway system to explore the city from one end to the other in just one day!
This action-packed tour begins with a pickup at the cruise pier or your hotel by your guide, a life-long resident and aficionado of all things NYC.
You'll head underground to the subway where the train will whisk you away to Lower Manhattan. From this vantage point, you'll see one of the country's most beloved monuments, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, where, between 1880 and 1930, more than 29 million immigrants passed through its doors.
You'll move on to the financial district, where it's only fitting to pay a visit to the iconic Wall Street Charging Bull. Admire the New York Stock Exchange, Federal Hall, and Trinity Church, a thriving Episcopal congregation with a long and fascinating history. You'll stop at Bowling Green Park, the oldest park in the city and the site of the legendary sale of Manhattan by Native American Lenape Indians to Dutchman Peter Minuit in 1626 and see the solemn and beautiful National September 11 Memorial.
From here, it's back on the subway to Greenwich Village, an avant-garde neighborhood known as a haven for artists, writers, and musicians. Enjoy the lovely architecture and row houses of the "Village" as you make your way to Washington Square, with its famous arch and see the main campus of New York University.
Once again, the subway delivers you to another part of the city, this time, Bryant Park, a prime location for dining and shopping. A "must-see" while in NYC is the stately main branch of the New York Public Library, with its reclining lion statues watching guard over the city and its citizens.
The last subway ride transports you to that beautiful jewel in the heart of the city, Central Park. As you wander its idyllic paths, you'll soon realize the draw of this magnificent place as a respite from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Your guide will meet you at the cruise ship pier or your hotel and escort you to where the tour 'begins'.
- Please note that if you starting and ending this tour from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, the tour length will be 5 hours.
- This is a lot of walking on this tour. Please make sure you wear comfortable footwear.
- Gratuity for the guide is NOT included in the price of the tour.
- Entrance fees, as well as food or beverages, are not included in the cost of the tour.
- The cost of the subway MetroCard is not included in the cost of the tour but your guide will assist you in purchasing it.
Days offered: 7 days a week